“INCREDIBLE INDIAN FOOD”

Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I NEVER eat indian food outside india, but...on this occasion, since the family had not eaten indian food for last week or so, we decided do try this. IT WAS AMAZING...they call it 'progressive indian food' and i can see why. Same recipes , but cooked (and presented) in a different manner. Very unique, very tasty. The white washed thai house setting is perfect. 10/10 for Chef Gaggan for this amazing concept. A MUST VISIT FOR ANYONE - WHETHER YOU LIKE INDIAN FOOD OR NOT. You will not be disappointed.

3  Thank SunilPM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

This restaurant brands itself as "PIC - Progressive Indian Cuisine" and sells nano gastronomy Indian style. Be frank, I did not know what to expect but having read a number of good reviews decided to have a go. Not very into Indian cuisine myself, I did find the food here thoroughly enjoyable. The stange looking samosa, the rather sweetish chicken tikka, and perhaps more importantly, there were also spaghetti cabonara, foir gras among the 10 courses tasting menu. The staff could be quite pressing in recommending drinks and additional dishes, the drinks, the extra lamb racks and scallops I ordered as a result were very good, would be better if they were not too pressy??

3  Thank jerchung
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I had a wonderful dining experience at Gaggan and both the owner and the staff provided excellent service. Will without a doubt come back again!

4  Thank suntrip62
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I find this restaurant extremely difficult to review due to its massive fluctuation in quality across the evening.

First of all whe we walked down the path to see the restaurant it was an amazing place immaculately decorated with a real ambiance and atmosphere of its own and i was really looking forward to the meal to come.

We had a drink outside before albeit an expensive borderline extortionate drink however good resturants usually do overprice drinks so this didnt make it any different, was a great G + T and set us up nicely to eat.

We were told that the taster meal was the one to have by a few different members of staff so felt obliged to have it and on paper it did represent great value so we both ordered it so we could go throught the experience together.My thoughts on this menu are to appreciate it you maybe need to be told clearly what has been gone through and is used and the thinking more and the staff failed to do this for me, although the maitre'd was very good the other staff lacked the clarity and passion to explain it.

The food came quickly and was nicely presented but i thought at least half the courses were a bit disappointing and maybe needless and a smaller taster menu with more thought into each one and a little more size to the portions might have been better. However the foie gras, deconstructed carbonora and risotto were absolutely class dishes, phenomenal flavour and among the best i had eaten. Maybe these flashes of brilliance showed me how good it could have been and left me disappointed with the rest, also my favourites had little or no indian influence which also added to the disappointment.

Overall great place, prices i expected, maybe just some tweaking needed.

Happy eating

3  Thank Lee O
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We really loved the place, great location, great service, the tasting menu made the whole evening interesting; but left us hungry and wanting to go to an Indian Restaurant afterwards. Despite the punishing price, we are heading back again as soon as possible but staying with the Indian menu. The tasting menu made options for the vegetarian in the group and really we would have liked it better if it focused more heavily on Indian tastes. They did warn us it was a bit bonkers; and it was. More a canapé experience than a tasting menu. Cant wait to go again....

1  Thank Canterburykim