“7 great days at Lebua”

Ranked #54 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Dallas, Texas
“7 great days at Lebua”
Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

I attended a meeting held at the Lebua in March. My first trip to Bangkok and I just can't express how much I loved it. The room was awesome, nice living area, nice little kitchen, great balcony. I was on the 57th floor and the view was spectacular.
Breakfast was included in our rate and the buffet was great with variety and abundance. The catering for our meeting was high quality and the service was practically one on one. Crazy. I felt like they were lurking at every corner waiting for even the slightest hint that you might need something.
The Bulgari products smell good in the Thai heat... I might even buy some now that I used it for a week. I like the scent.
The elevators are a little slow, but no big problem really.
Everything is spotless and the place feels very safe.
Check in was a little slow at 1am. They need a bigger check in counter. I felt they were very friendly, though... Like all the Thai people I met. Love it there!
Downstairs is a Starbucks for consistently good unsweetened iced tea. (I am Texan)
There is a grocery store 5 minutes away with great variety and good Thai products. The thai bath soaps are wonderful. I also bought honeycomb, of all things!
There are good massage places all around the hotel. Don't go to the WAY overpriced Mulberry across the street, there are a few good places just inside the ShangriLa gates adjacent to the hotel. I got some nice semiprecious stones at the shops nearby... Literally across the street.
Ban Chiang restaurant was a 10 minute walk and consistently good. I ate there 3 times with 3 groups... Everyone raved about their food each time. Mango tree is close, too. I liked it, though it was greasier than Ban Chaing. I have to be pretty careful where I eat. No street food in Bangkok for me... Unfortunately.
I did get some fresh cut Mango with the great chili sugar/salt mixture and it may have been a bad gamble. The hygiene standards, especially for street food, are dangerous for people who have weakened immune systems.
I did not see much of Bangkok, but that has nothing to do with location. Cabs are CHEAP!
I liked the location... Except when trying to cross the street! That is the scariest part of Bangkok!
I really liked this hotel. I like the privacy, the clean, quiet rooms (never heard ANYTHING in rooms or halls) the wifi was great, the food was high quality and the Service was solid.
I hope to get back one day!

Stayed March 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed 30 March 2012

What a hotel!

A great place to stay for a real taste of luxury in Bangkok. We had booked two nights in the Lebua Tower club which are rooms on the 52? floor and above. The rooms were huge with a really comfy bed and an amazing bathroom. We were upgraded to a river view suite on the 58th floor on arrival and also were offered a chaufer driven car to the airport on departure.

I think we paid about 100 GBP per night for the room B&B. Breakfast was amazing and huge!

Great gym also and pool area. As part of the club deal you also get free afternoon tea on 52nd floor which was actually really awesome with free food and drinks.

Sky bar on top floor was great, it does get busy around sunset and drinks are pricey - but not really scary. Maybe around £15 for a cocktail. but they were relaly nice - and it is one of the places you really have to go to.

On the slightly negative - we found soft drinks and restaurant prices to be pretty steep. A round of soft drinks on arrival was £30 for 4, and dinner in one of the restaurants up in the tower was around £240 including a bottle of wine for 2 adults. Really tasty food though and you get huge portions.

If you are on a bit of a budget you really could stay here and enjoy it - you dont have to eat in the pricey restaurants up top. I would go for a drink up top though.

Overall - I'd say 5 star and really great value. Can't fault any of the staff who were all amazing too and plentiful!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Boston_Gall
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Nearest BTS station is about 10mins walk away.The hotel is not in the main shopping area but the BTS made it easy to go to Siam Square. The Tower Club Rooms are huge (about 60sqm), comes with a separate living room with no TV. They provide WIFI and free minibar (only soft drinks and milk). Nice view from the room as they are on the higher levels. Front Office delayed my check-in time until late afternoon because they either had no rooms or the rooms are still being cleaned. I wasn't the only unlucky one because there were others who weren't able to check-in on time. There was no service recovery for delaying check-in. Buffet spread at the restaurant was good, and the food quality was good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Ilkley
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Not the best approach to the hotel but once inside everything is first class. Efficient check in, well equipped suites with amazing views, helpful staff everywhere to meet/great/open doors. Large suites and luxury bathrooms with Bvlgari toiletries, robes, slippers etc. Complimentary bottled water supplied. Decor not as luxurious as some 5 star hotels but views make up for this.
Hotel staff everywhere, all very helpful and pleasant.
Skybar is a must visit provided you don't suffer from vertigo!
Expect 5 star prices in restauants and bars.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Tower club. Separate elevator access and access to club room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Tower Club for our honeymoon. Our suite was wonderful! We had an awesome view of the city. Service was first class. They had a huge variety of foods at the complimentary breakfast buffet. The Tower Club Lounge was a nice surprise to our stay as they served complimentary drinks and delicious appetizers between 12 and 3. We will certainly be back!!!

• Stayed December 2011