“Not good at all”
Review of DS67 Suites

DS67 Suites
Ranked #351 of 890 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Me and one other male friend requested a twin room. We were not told that there we were getting a room with one double bed until AFTER we had paid! So not very happy about that. The bed felt like it was made of concrete with a sheet thrown on top. However it was very clean, the supermarket downstairs was handy and its very close to the skytrain.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank J_RDAN
OriginalBKK, General Manager at DS67 Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for your review which we definitely take into our consideration for further improve of our service.

We are also pleased to explain to guests that we are trying our best to respond to guests' request, however, it is also subject to room availability which is common practice for all hotels. We have limited numbers of room for superior twin and thus we will need to arrange for guests on first come first serve basis for fair practice. With reference to mattress preference, it is highly vary and also subjective to individuals. To serve people around the world that visit Ds67 Suites, we choose to serve guests with firm mattress since many studies prove that firm mattress can highly be beneficial to health, especiall treatment and prevention of back pain and sore neck.

Lastly, we understand that we are not the best hotel in Bangkok but we, Ds67 Team, have a fullest heart and attempt to deliver our guests a wonderful trip in Bangkok city.

Best regards,
The Management&Ds67 Team

Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed here as a solo traveler for one night. The best part about this hotel is the service. The ladies at the front desk are super nice and helpful. English speakers shouldn't have a problem communicating. Check in and check out was a breeze and tea is served while you wait in the adjoining cafe.

I would describe the room as young, cutesy-modern but a bit on the dimly lit side. Room amenities were pretty functional and basic. The bed was nice and firm and AC works well.

Location is great if you plan to take the bus/taxi/skytrain elsewhere. You are walking distance to 7-11, ATM, convenience store that sells home goods and groceries, street vendors, and there's even a currency exchange stall near Ekkemai BTS. If you walk 10 minutes in either direction, you should be able to find a sit in restaurant. As for a night life, you should just take the Skytrain to a different neighborhood. The area is full of small businesses and some new condos so it has a bustling, local feel.

The only cons I see is the room is too dimly lit for my taste and the window doesn't add much lighting. However, you're on vacation, you should be outside enjoying the sights anyway!

I would absolutely recommend this hotel and book again should I ever be in the area. Kudos for the ladies who work here. They made my stay wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank m p
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Was so impressed by the customer service. The girls running the hotel are so sweet and helpful! They do everything to make your stay comfortable. They are also very helpful with the sites, and train stations. I actually booked this hotel at two different times while I was in Bangkok since I was so happy with customer service. Super easy to take skytrain from airport to last stop, than transfer. The Phra Khanong stop is literally steps within the hotel so great location too. The minimart next door is also super nice and friendly!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This little place is Magic, its not in the centre of Bangkok but the BTS is located just down the road. The rooms are clean, modern and funky. the property itself is boutique, 3 levels, its quiet, has a tea house and an outdoor area where you can eat breakfast.

We arrived when the Songkran festival was on, the girls from the Hotel were out the front drenching everyone having a fantastic time. This was my first experience of Thai hospitality. So lovely. Of course everyone is going to drench the farang that's just the way it is.

I'm a travel agent, I can confidently recommend this property, as a cheap, clean and hospitable option for Bangkok accommodation.
My wife and myself were so stoked with this little place.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flightrascal
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Me and 3 friends stayed here in early June 2011. The service was INCREDIBLE. Everyone in the staff was right there for you for whatever you needed, whenever you needed it. Every time you approached the door, everyone in the front desk/cafe would stop what they were doing just to greet you, by now I have forgotten their names, but everyone was incredible. There was this girl who we joking-ly nicknamed grins.. she had the BIGGEST MOST AMAZING SMILE and you could tell it was from the heart. The manager would ask us every day how our previous day adventure was and he'd recommend what to do that day, HE WAS SPOT ON EVERY TIME! He knew exactly where to send us.

The rooms were a decent size and a very modern and sleek design. Everything was super clean and well taken care of. The beds were a little firm, but they were firm everywhere in Asia we stayed in, so we happily dealt with it. The one thing we disliked.. and it's really a stretch, the bathroom sink was a little difficult to operate.. but really, I'm saying the sink was a slight problem, that's how good this place was.

This is how good the service is... When you check in, they offer you a cold Thai tea drink (which we later learned happened in most places we stayed in Thailand), which by the way, ds67 had the best one. Then the next day, during their complimentary breakfast, they offered orange juice and coffee. I asked if I could have the Thai tea again and the girl reluctantly apologized because she could only offere OJ or coffee for free, I would have to pay for the tea. I said it was okay and I would take the OJ. The next day, she said she was so sorry she didn't give me the tea the day before, but she had talked to the manager and we could have it complimentary. I said it was okay and I would just take the OJ (Me thinking it'd be difficult for accounting or whatever) she insisted with a huge smile, and I took their fabulous tea, again.

We all got a complimentary 1 hour thai massage which was pretty great. They also have complimentary internet for any devices you may need. The location is great, only about half a block from the BTS station. Yes it's busy and a little noisy, but it's Bangkok, what did you expect? The area is around it is a little dark at night, but we never felt insecure. They have a security guard in the front door waiting to greet you too every evening.

Our itinerary forced us to come back to Bangkok one last evening before returning to America, and we decided to stay at the Westin because we had some rewards we could cash... BIG MISTAKE. We wish we had stayed again at DS67. Service goes a long way for us, and the most glamorous room at the WESTIN could not have been better than DS67. The service of a small local hotel was well beyond an international chain.

BEYOND EXPECTATIONS. INCREDIBLE SERVICE. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends