“A GOOD DISCOVERY”
Review of SilQ Bangkok

SilQ Bangkok
Ranked #198 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We booked in for 2 nights and having been to Bangkok previously am so glad I did some research on Tripadvisor. I look at my success rate by using Tripadvisor and go wow we have stayed at some really great places. We are in our 60s and have stayed in backpackers to 5 star and most have been what I would call above average and I think I can be pretty discerning. SilQ meets all the criteria to be a 2012 travelers choice winner. The staff and service was perfect. The breakfast menu adequate. The rooms clean with all the amenities you need. The bed comfortable and if you read the owners hope for the hotel I think they have achieved what they are wishing for. Something that is homely and comfortable where people will come back again and again. It is close to some good shopping and if you need a bigger fix then the BTS is easy to use and close handy. Yes I will come back to the SilQ. The price is right and it offers everything we want.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ceejaybeeaust
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

I was here for a 5 day business trip so I was out of the hotel by 8.40am & back into the room only by 11pm. The breakfast menu is limited, I run out of options from day 3 the cleaning service was very efficient and polite. BYO toothbrush or comb. However, the wireless is good. Overall, happy with the stay.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Hazelmenon
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I have known SilQ long time but I gave it a try for the first time. It was the nicest discovery that I have ever made in Bangkok so far! So pleased because now I know where to stay every time I visit Bangkok. Spotlessly clean, all amenity you need is there in the room, perfect location right in the heart of Sukumvit, fab breakfast menu, comfortable bed, good WiFi, helpful staffs, etc., every aspect of the service and room was just perfect. I truly enjoyed my stay at SilQ, wanted to stay longer and am already looking forward to coming back for my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Escape-Cabins
Reviewed 3 June 2012

A comfortable and cosy boutique Hotel, placed in a well located Sukhumvit Soi 19. I and my wife, we both selected this Hotel only for its great reviews and ratings in TA, and we are not dissapointed. This is one of the best small Hotel that we've stayed in BKk. Actually we're staying here only for 2 nights on our way to Bali. Right from the checkin to our departure everything was great about this place.
We reached Bkk early in the morning around 6:00am and reached the Hotel by 7:00am (we've earlier mailed them about our arrival flight timings ). They not only helped us with an early check-in, but also provided us with the Breakfast. What a great service and care they have taken to ensure that we both have a wonderful time in this Place.
The Breakfast was again wonderful. we're provided with some limited choices and we can order anything from their Menu for the main course.
We booked the Deluxe Room, and it was attractive, inspiring and very romantic and individual feeling. We followed the room tips in TA and booked the Corner Room as advised.
We'd highly recommend to others.

Room Tip: Corner Deluxe Room are better and more spacious
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Best way to go here from the airport is to take the Airport Express and then ride into Asoke BTS Station. From Asoke, go down to your left and head on over to one of the best boutique hotels in the heart of Bangkok!

The room is incredibly small. The decorations are phenomenal and the white walls make the room feel larger than usual. I love their breakfast selection, while it's not extensive, it reminds me so much of home and the food is also so delicious.

I would recommend staying here if you want a comfortable bed to sleep in and a good breakfast before you head out to shop and to immerse in the Thai lifestyle. :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple