“A nice addition to the Bangkok restaurant scene with the Avocado as the main feature”
Review of The Hass

The Hass
Ranked #2,515 of 12,388 Restaurants in Bangkok
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed 18 June 2018

When we first went, the menu was very limited but everything from mains to desserts tasted good. The avocado fries (crisp/crunchy, deliciously tasty & very mouth-burning hot) came with ordinary potato fries too, I was expecting the whole dish to be of avocados, so that was very disappointing. The service was polite and despite not having anywhere to park because the tiny restaurant is right a the top of Sukhumvit soi 49, the experience did not deter us from re-visiting again a couple of weeks later. By then, we had discovered a parking area nearby (50Bht) and the menu had expanded. A paradise for avocado lovers and we would not hesitate to go back again and again.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Interesting restaurant based on the avocado. We have taken the spaghetti dish (a bit too oily and salty), tofu salad (well balance of taste) and avocado cheese cake (normal cheesecake without avocado taste)
The fresh fruits drink are particularly good especially the "fat burner" with nice taste of ginger

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I thought avocado can be in salad dish. I was wrong. This cafe can show me that avocado can be in hamburger, pasta or even cheesecake which all those dishes are so tasty and healthy.

Be sure that I will be back for more healthy nutrition.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Ok, avocados are tasty and versatile, but if you are going to base your whole menu on them, you need to do something special.

I paid 400 baht for a shrimp avocado burger. First of all, it was impossible to eat, the idea of avocados as “buns” just doesn’t work.

Secondly, it consisted of one avocado peeled and sliced in half with 2 grilled shrimps inside and some raw onion. I can make that at home for less than 150 baht and it would taste the same. There’s no added value here for paying to eat out.

Overall, I think a lot of people will come here once because they like avocados and it’s something new, but there’s nothing that will bring me back a second time.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I visited The Hass Bistro with friends after reading some online reviews and wasn’t disappointed. It’s easy to miss so once you enter Soi 49 it appears on the left side (next to the large blue pizza signs.) Everything we had was excellent and avocado is definitely the main star of all the dishes. We all ordered a selection to try but for me the Vietnamese spring rolls with avocado were the best! The avocado burger is fantastic, messy but a must. My only comment would be if your taking drinks away it’s ok to serve in a plastic cup but if your dining in the restaurant is this really necessary? Come on Management think of the environment all of those plastic cups etc., being wasted, surely you can serve drinks in glasses if dining inside the restaurant. Also please expand your dessert menu. There is only avocado cheesecake on offer (but not always available) and avocado pancakes. We left to have dessert elsewhere but I’m sure with all the avocado dessert recipes you can find, you could offer a better selection and find your niche market.
Highly recommended.