Sam Sen Sam Place
US$ 80
US$ 71
Agoda.com
Ibis Bangkok Sukhumvit 4(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$ 58
US$ 176
AETAS bangkok(Bangkok)
US$ 117
US$ 96
All reviewskhao san roadfan roomquiet streetyogurtminute walkguest houseair confree breakfastnice breakfastthe riverenjoyed our staygood nights sleepwithin walking distancequiet at nightdefinitely stay here againgrand palacelaundry service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This is a really good place to stay in Bangkok if you don't want the madness of Khao San Road but still want to be close enough to walk there for a visit. Rooms are tidy and cozy, the building is gorgeous and the staff are great. They gave us some good advise on arrival as it was our first time in Bangkok and always greeted us with a smile.

It is a short walk to the river and it is also possible to walk to the royal palace area so it is still not that far away.

We would not hesitate to stay here again. The only downside is that it is a bit expensive compared to some other guesthouses in the area but in this you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This was my second time in Bangkok in 3 weeks and I wanted to stay somewhere a little quieter, I read the reviews of this place on tripadvisor and decided to go for it.

The rooms are all very nice and kept in very good condition. The staff were always very helpful and talkative and the place is a lot quieter than anything else in the area.

If I'm in Bangkok again I'm definitely staying here.

Room Tip: Room 1 appears to be right by the stairs. Any other room and you'll hear nothing
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I originally booked just 2 nights at this place as this was my first stay in BKK and I wasn't sure about location - it looked from the map as if it were far from a metro/BTS. I thought this might be a problem. Not at all.

In fact, I extended my stay here to the total of 5 nights because as it turned out the location is absolutely perfect - within walking distance to the key tourist attractions like the Grand Palace (20-30 min stroll), Wat Pho i.e. the Reclining Buddha Temple (2nd largest in Thailand), the Temple of the Dawn (5 minutes to the river pier no. 14 for the boat ride), and the Vimanmek Mansion (15 minutes north - free ticket with the Grand Palace ticket). And of course - the Khaosan Road - is literally 10 min walk away.

Getting right into the busy (noisy) centre of BKK was not a problem either (although I must say I was glad to return to my riverside location) a fast taxi was only 80Baht, if you have no luggage a tuk tuk might be fun as well.

The rooms and common areas are exquisitely clean and well maintained. My room was a Delux with private bathroom, which had a powerful western-style shower and toilet, big mirror and a full array of complimentary toiletries (incl. comb, toothbrush & paste, plus the usual shampoo & soap).

The bed was super soft but comfortable (none of that sinking feeling...), the TV with satellite channels (incl. BBC/CNN/HBO etc), air-conditioning, a fridge and free WiFi - all made for a very comfortable stay.

The breakfast menu had 4 sets - and I loved the chicken&rice soup set in particular (toast / eggs also available).

All in all - highly recommended, if/when I return to BKK I will definitely be staying at the Sam Sen Sam Place again!

Thanks again to the SSS Place Team for your wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank magdapagda
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I will be short about my comment here.
EXTRA: fast WIFI in all room, calm place, clean room and shared bathroom, close boat...
BAD: My room had very thin wall and close the principal stairs....noisy. I could see the light and heard people close my room.If you don't take your breakfast on the morning which is included in your room price, they don't refund it....

The place is pleasant, and charming.
So Why not.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Very quiet neighborhood, but just 7 min walk to Khaosan (we've found the shortcut).
Very, very clean - although there is nothing posh about this place the owners do their best to keep it shining. No dust, no insects, no mop-like towels.
We stayed at the Violet Deluxe Room with private bathroom. The room itself is not big at all, but enough for two people. Wooden floor, freshly painted walls, good bed, quite big bathroom with window. Hot water and all the facilities.
I liked the bright colors in the hotel and funny small details all around me. The stuff was really helpful.
Honestly, it felt like I'm staying at some relatieves' country house. Nice feeling!
We spent a full week there (and wasn't bored) and asked for discount - and they gave it to us, which was really lovely.
Try it out!

Room Tip: Violet Deluxe was very nice. Big bathroom!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple