“Clean, quiet respite to recharge from all your exciting Bangkok adventures”

Cozy Bangkok Place Hostel
Ranked #47 of 1,300 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Extremely well managed, clean, quiet, friendly, secure, hostel. 5 min walk to bus stops, train station, and depending on how active you are it is an easy stroll (30 mins) to the river to catch the ferries to travel by water. On-line reservation process was easy. Visit their website http://www.cozybangkok.com/ for current info and be sure to print a copy of the Thai map they supply. I gave this to our taxi driver and he had absolutely no trouble finding it.
My husband and I stayed here for 5 days on the 4th floor (no elevator and it wasn’t a problem for us). The name says it all..like that cozy feeling you get when you step into your own home..that is what you will feel from a long day of excitement in bustling Bangkok when return to Cozy Bangkok Place. Our room had a new, quiet aircon that worked so efficiently we only turned it on while getting ready for bed. Shared bathrooms, showers and sinks in common area on our floor were spotless, no functional problems, never busy, and supplied with soap and toilet paper. Also on the floors common area was a sitting area with lounger, plants, art, table and bench with open air windows ,so very breezy, not stuffy at all.
Downstairs in the lobby they have a nice lounge area with 2 computers (coin box on computers to use for a few baht, change available at the desk) shared library with a great selection of travel books, western style bathrooms, and just past the area with the fountain and place to put your shoes they have a shared kitchen, free coffee/tea, washer/dryer (soap is available but we brought our own), water cooler, small dining area to eat, and small outdoor area.
Tip: I had travelled in Thailand and Cambodia (including jungle) for a month after staying in Bangkok and Bangkok was the only area that my feet were eaten by mosquitoes. Any of the 711’s on Thanon Rama 4 sell bug lotion. As soon as I put that on my feet stopped getting attacked.
I highly recommend this hostel, will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AllLove
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Cozy Bangkok's location is great, but it was a little bit hard for us to find when we arrived by Taxi (I think it would be much more easy to do the short walk from MRT Haulumpong station) But after we discovered where it is, it was very easy to get to and to go anywhere as it is near MRT Hualumpong station, MBK, Siam etc.

The hostel has a space in front of the house which was perfect for one of us to assemble his bike. He could park his bike at a corner downstairs overnight and could hire a tuk tuk easily at 4 am in the morning to take us and his bike to a Casino bus stop (Lumpini park bus stop) opposite U Chu Liang building at 4:30 am.
This is just a right hostel for someone with a bike who want to go to a bike trip in Cambodia from Bangkok by Casino bus (or even by train)

Cute decoration, and super clean! I normally don't like the toilet which is mixed sex because of the smell (normally from the men toilet) but here I didn't smell anything as the shared/mixed toilets were super clean!

Small but clean and cozy room. No hair dryer in room (but guess that I could ask for one). Air-con has quite a noise but not too loud to disturb our sleep.

Good service, lots of smiles from the hotel staff and owner. The lady we met when checked in gave us a good map and some useful information about some places in the area (how to go to the nearest Tesco Lotus and MBK etc.)

Will definitely stay here again for the next Cambodia bike trip!

Kitchen facilities were provided for guests. Keycard to be used 24 hours (check-in time for us was before 20:00, but I think they provide late check in process upon request)

And there was a big cute hostel dog!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoveCip
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I didn't have high expectations towards a hostel in Thailan, but this turned out to be the best hostel I've stayed in. The rooms were spotless, with towels and huge lockers (enough for 2 backpacks, it seemed). The shared showers were ultra clean, with shampoo and soap. Downstairs they have a kitchen area - you can cook your own food; fridge, laundry machine and a dryer, free wifi and a computer for internet access (10 bhat for 30 min), free coffee and tea, and a library of travel books. It's 5 min from the main train station and metro. Taxi to Khao San Road costs 2 usd. And a great place where to meet fellow travellers.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Zane D
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel a lot. I felt is that it was cozy indeed. Our room (number 4 on the top floor = 4th floor) was nice, clean and quiet with no windows. The ceiling was high. The shared bathroom and toilets were nice, clean, and easy to use. They provided towels, body soap, shampoo, and toilet paper. There is a washing machine for use (30 Baht per laundry) and a shared kitchen.
Wifi was actually working in our bedroom. There is a nice mini book library including guide books of Bangkok and Thailand, and the lobby is quite comfortable.
People who don't have a computer need to pay per 10 minute for using the shared computers downstairs. There is no elevator.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yves216
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was a really cute hostel! My sister and I had a private double room and we enjoyed it. The room was a good size and very clean. The bahrooms and showers are not in the room, but just down the hall and also very clean. The downstairs and lobby area has a lot of great things like a washer and dryer, book exchange, sofas and computers. The staff was also very nice and helpful. It was a bit hard to find at first as it is off the main road. I would recommend this hostel because it is a great value. We paid 750 baht total which was a steal!

• Stayed: March 2012