“OK hotel.. dont expect much”
Review of Ten Stars Inn

Ten Stars Inn
Ranked #603 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“OK hotel.. dont expect much”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This Hotel is located right in the heart of Pratu nam night market and 5 minutes walk to Platinum mall.. Soi Petchburi 17 is Bang opposite to the Panthip mall but with few street lights and a kind of lonely lane. The hotel can be accessed from the Baiyoke sky hotel side as this is more crowded and seemed to be more safe.
As for the Hotel, the room was quite big and clean but the bathroom was very crampy.. The AC takes time to cool but once in high pick-up, it works fine...The deal I got stuck was two nights with free breakfast and one free lunch and beleive me, this was the worst and horrible buffet lunch I have ever had in my life with the menu still not very clear to me.... The buffet breakfast was acceptable and above mark.
The staff seemed to be good and helping..
This property can be considered for a couple of nights

Room Tip: Can consider if you wanna stay out for the day and just need a room to sleep in the night.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RitwikK
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Nairobi
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Stayed here in mid July for some few days; nice clean hotel with very good rates (actually cheap) inclusive of breakfast. In the middle of the shopping district, many shops all round. They also have good internet access which you pay for (fair) and a Thai massage place at the ground floor.

Staff were friendly and useful. Also have a sports bar next to the hotel.

One is also able to pay for an organsied tour/trip to various destinations in Thailand at the hotel's reception; you will be pciked and dropped back at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Philippines
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Me and my friend might have been luckier with this hotel. The only trouble we had was the long walks going back and forth from the malls, as it was located inconveniently at the end part of Soi 17. First Hotel offered a nearer walk to the malls. We did not mind the exercise though as we had sedentary jobs and that was much needed walking. There are lots of home-style restos and boutiques around it too that might be of interest to other travelers. The hotel has a mini spa too that offers the famous thai massage, which we unfortunately missed to try. I booked online and requested early check-in at 10:00 a.m. as we got in early from Singapore. The front desk clerk was not too warm but she was very efficient in doing her job. Our rooms were ready the minute we got there, much to our relief. The only issue is the reception area is quite cramped with too many people loading and unloading things with too many large boxes and other stuffs lying around. It looked more like a storage area than a hotel lobby. Their sofa too needed changing as it had an odd smell to it.

We were quite surprised at how cozy our room was considering it was quite cheap. The room was simply spotless, not a dirt in sight and the sheets look crisply pressed and brand new. The beds were lovely, we had to sleep until late afternoon. I had a friend who stayed in the hotel next door who said our room is far better and really worth the money than theirs. The free breakfast made them even more envious. That was quite a treat too, well at least maybe for us Asians. We have tasted the best chopsuey here in Ten Stars Inn, on an open buffet too. It was extremely satisfying having too many to choose from, everything tasted simply heavenly. I had to go off my diet. The next day, they served the same with only a few additional dishes but we just can't complain.

We had to check out after the second night but still had a few hours before our flight. Almost instinctively, the front desk gladly offered us leaving our luggages by the front desk. I had doubts at first thinking it might not be secure with too many people going in and out, but all our stuffs were still surprisingly there untouched after a couple of hours with us gone. Our departure was quite smooth too. The front desk got us one of their airport taxis without needing to ask twice. The driver really didn't overcharge us and was extremely kind. Too bad we were too broke to give him a tip.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank un5an3
malaysia
Reviewed 11 May 2010

- i have away go BKK to shopping every year... but to this i very unlucky to choice the hotel like this... we arrive is around 7-8pm BKK time.. but when i go to check in and they just tell me the room is not ready yet... to my information on the hotel is check in time is 2pm... but i arrive 8pm still not ready yet... and the lobby also very dirty and also can smile a taste like massage oil... as i know tis is budget hotel ... but at least the simply clean must make it...
hope any plan to BKK dont choice this hotel... can try other hotel...

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Nigeria
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Though I didnt expect much from this low budget hotel while making the booking, my sole idea was to stay at a decent place during my 7 days visit to Bangkok on business. This place is a horror. I reached at 1.30 noon for checking in. The room was already booked but was not ready when I reached. They made me wait till 3 pm for the room to be ready. Also there was a large crowd assembled at the lobby (dont know if I can call it a lobby. It is more like the side streets of China Town). So I couldn't even sit down. I was standing there in front of the hotel for almost 2 hours before I could check in. This place is so far away from the Sky Train station & this hotel has some arrangements with the taxis around. They charge you double or triple the rate if they see U coming out from 10 star Inn. And you cant go to another taxi as every one there work as a team. The hotels trick is to keep the room tariff low & charge you extra on every thing else. The internet facility provided was a rip-off. They were charging THB60 for an hour where all the Internet cafes across the street was charging only THB 30 per hour. I came to know about this after 2 days of stay there & have never used the facility again. The breakfast is horrible with the only eatable thing as bread toast and water. Rest everything tasted horrible. The receptionist was so un-professional & rude and she used to not even look or mind & made me wait every time when I went to collect the keys while returning from outside.
And the worst part comes now. While checking out, they had charged me for things which I never used from the mini-bar. On realizing that they are charging me extra on purpose, I spoke to the Manager & he was too rude & didnt even bother to speak to me.

Never stay at this place. You have a lot of budget hotels in Bangkok in Sukhumvit area. Sukhumvit is near to the Skytrain station also. But avoid Ten star inn.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business