Roof View Place
US$ 229
Okura Hotels
US$ 177
US$ 159
All reviewskhao san roadair conthai dishbeds were hardbudget placegrand palacefree breakfastlaundry donefree bottles of waterown bathroomhot showernice breakfaststayed here for two nightshotel is locatedthe main roadclean roomsfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I arrived past midnight already and was greeted by a nice lady who told me that I can just pay in the morning. I booked for a single but was surprised that I got a double instead. The room was clean and basic. It even had a mini refrigerator stocked with 2 bottles of water each day. I particularly liked the free shampoo and body wash. Breakfast was very good. I appreciate the morning staff's effort to appear cheerful and upbeat every morning. The place is walking distance to khao san road, chaopraya river pier, even to the grand palace and wat po. The only negative thing that I encountered was the ugly ladyboy receptionist who seemed to have an attitude problem. He appeared surly and annoyed that a guest had to disturb him from watching his small tv to ask a question. He had a perpetual scowl on his face - not very welcoming for a tired traveller.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Me and a couple of my friends booked this guesthouse on the Internet only for the first night in Bangkok. Had to go to Koh Phangan next morning but there were no tickets for the train and we decided to stay for one night more.
The location was excellent: about 10 min walk to Soi Rambuttri and Koah San Road. Some rooms have view on the quiet and beautiful temple hidden in the backstreets of the area.
The room was very clean and the air-conditioning efficient in very challenging heat and humidity. The bathroom was again very clean though quite basic, had everything you need for your comfort.
The staff is very professional and helpful. We ordered tickets on the reception and used a great advice of the receptionist about a nice place to have a dinner in the neighbourhood - Jenny's restaurant with the best Tom Yam Kha I ever tried. Seriously.
You can use free wifi both in the room and lobby.
Breakfast was inclueded and very good: Thai home-style dishes and fresh fruits every morning + free coffee anytime.
I fully recommend this hotel to those who are looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in Bangkok.

Room Tip: They have elevator only for luggage. If you don't want to climb up the stairs every night take a room on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Natalia_Akimova
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This was the start of our tour around south east asia. I have read mixed reviews on this site and so we were slightly dubious... As soon as we paid the deposit online, we received an email with a map in thai to give to the taxi driver frm the airport. When we arrived the staff were friendly, we paid for our rooms and had to leave a 500baht deposit. We went up to an immaculately clean room with good working aircon. The bathroom was spotless and although the beds were hard, they were very comfortable. We had fresh towels both nights we stayed and 3 rolls of toilet roll, more than a hotel!!! The breakfast is free and very good. I think we ate our weight in watermelon, toast and rice ha!!! Free fresh filtered coffee. The cooker looked priseen clean and everything was clean and tidy. Also we left valuables out accidentally when the cleaner went round and everything was still there when we arrived back so the staff were trustworthy. The wifi in the room was fast and we literally have no complaints. It felt like more like a hotel than a guest house and we thoroughly enjoyed the first two days of our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This hotel was great value, 10mins or so walk from koh shan road so location was ideal. breakfast was very good too and overall i thoroughly enjoyed my stay here but would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank PraslinGeorge
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel on the Internet only for the first night in Bangkok and I can say it was a good choise from what you can find in the Internet. Room was clean, breakfast was good, location was not so central as we thought, but still within walking distance to the main sights. We traveled as backpackers and discovered you can find so many 2-3 times cheaper options of similar hotels with even better location, but they are usually not available on the Internet. Thailand is a perfect place to travel without any booking in advance

• Stayed: April 2012