All reviews khaosan road swimming pool on the roof grand palace small room wi fi buffet breakfast hotel is located noise sleep floor market
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Booked a double room in Dang Derm in the Park (still not sure where the park is!). You have to provide a 500 baht key deposit on arrival or leave your passport.
The room we had was fairly central within the hotel, near the central core, it was clean, with a fairly spacious bathroom. Arriving with another pair, the hotel had no issues in giving us rooms next to each other.
Situated just off of Khaosan Road through an arcade, the noise is pretty high during the evening. Luckily in our room, it wasn't too bad, but if you were a light sleeper, I'd probably advise staying in a quieter area.
2 for 1 cocktails during happy hour in the downstairs restaurant and the rooftop bar were both welcome, and the Strawberry Daiquiri was good value for money. The swimming pool was cool, and definitely an added bonus to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lottie189
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights, we had issues from the reception. We were given a room somewhere opposite of the elevators, went back down to ask if theres a chance of having a room overlooking khaosan road. And was given an impression that yes, he changed my room keys transferred to another room, upon checking the window its anotherside of adifferent building. Went back down, guy apologized and said he is new, just started 6 days and not yet familiar with the type of rooms, so he told me that the other lady from the reception can assist me to have a room overlooking khao san, assuming she knows the rooms, and she gave me another key, when I reach the room, its another side of a different building again, so went back down, politely asked, waited, yeah they apologized, and gave another key, guess what??? Still not what I requested!! i dont understand is it the language barrier, or do they know what they are doing? If maybe theres no room available along khao san side they could have told me so i wont be expecting as we came from a tiring trip.
Place is small, roughly hard to move around but its fine. Location is nice. Near 7/11.
Ps: staff doesnt smile in the city of smiles. Really gave us an impression since the beginnig from checking in.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monna Lizz L
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for 3 nights,the room was spacious enough for the both of us and we found the whole hotel to be clean. The bed was extremely big and comfortable,our room was at the back of the hotel and we heard no noise from the street at all. The WiFi wasn’t very good but that’s a minor problem. I did however find the staff to come across like they couldn’t be bothered to speak to us when we came up to the desk to ask questions. Over all we was happy with our stay here and would recommend it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Be careful when you book this hotel! The hotel might take advantage arranging the wrong room for you. Not sure about their intention but This is for us the negative impact to the hotel integrity.

There are several family room types and the best one is family suite which is 40 sqm. Nice design With small balcony. I was very specific with the balcony and I had checked all the room types carefully before I decided and I chose the family suite because of the balcony that we could go out for smoking (though they have smoking area near the lift) but They arranged us the wrong room type which was smaller, no balcony and cheaper. We had booked this through Agoda. They said it was not their responsibility and They blamed Agoda that it made a duplicate/wrong booking with other guest. They asked us to get Agoda to call them. We could not reach Agoda as The line was busy at the moment so we wasted about 1 hour arguing with them. I told them I needed the family suite at all cost and I was willing to pay for the upgrade. Just gave me the receipt and I’d sue Agoda later. They denied and gave us many nonsense reasons.

One thing that we noticed while arguing was the fact that they had and held the family suite because sometimes they said they could upgrade the room but we needed to call Agoda for them and sometimes they said the room was already occupied.. bla bla bla.. but finally we got the room.

FYI... There are several Dang Derm hotels (D&D inn, Dang Derm in the park and Dang Derm Hotel) around the area (Khao San road)...”Dang Derm in the park” shares the same building as D&D Inn. They just share the entrance and front desk. “Dang Derm in the park” rooms are at the rear part of the building. There is less noise and nice view of Ratchadamnoen road and a glimpse of grand palace. Some rooms have small balcony. Everything is good, price, room and etc. except the service. We would love it if we did’t face this checkin problem. Hope the hotel management will improve this.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very great. Located in the middle of night life of Bangkok, Khaosan Road. Reasonable price and great services. There’s a pool at the 7th floor. Lots of street food and bar down the hotel so you don’t have to worry about starving or wasted lol.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends