“A hidden gem inside busy Khao San area”
Review of Villa Cha-Cha

Villa Cha-Cha
Ranked #348 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years and kept procrastinating writing a review. I'm glad I did. On my last vist the hotel ground floor had been greatly expanded to include a bar/restaurant that stretches from Tani Rd to Thannon Rambutri (a block from Khao San Road). The rooms are spacious and beds comfy. Food is very good especially breakfast. The location could not be better. Close to Khao San madness but also Grand Palace and the river. Many good restaurants just steps away. On one of my visits I happened to staying during Songkran (the Thai New Year). It was great fun as the Thai celebrate by spraying you with water and a smile.

The room has all modern conveniences and the hotel can arrange tours anywhere or there are many travel agents within steps that will do the same thing. It's always fun to bargain and economical too bbut always do so with a smile. Remember when shopping in Bangkok once your money has exchanged that's it. Expect no refunds. But that's Bangkok, always fun to visit and I will most certainly return soon to my Bangkok pied-a-terre, the villa Cha Cha.

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrrade they will try but the hotel has become very popular
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelinghank
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed here for two nights in a junior king room. The room was pretty standard, clean with a nice view over the pool/reception area. It was quite a relaxing place to stay, great to escape the hustle and bussle of Bangkok; like other people have said it does feel like an oasis in the middle of Bangkok (which is exactly what you need after a long day!). We arrived quite late at night but they have a 24 hour reception so we had no problems. Food at the restaurant was ok, but you can get better elsewhere - there is so much choice in the area. Staff were friendly, if I ever go back to Bangkok I will most likely stay here again.
One thing I did notice was that they don't make up your room unless you leave the 'Please make up my room' tag on the door so if you want your room made up everyday you will need to remember to do this.
Another tip - if coming from the airport print the map from their website to give to your taxi driver as it gives directions in Thai. There are actually two entrances (one is through the Macaroni Club restaurant) which I think confused our driver a little.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjjess
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We booked a day room to relax after our flight as we were getting the sleeper train to Laos in the evening. We were very impressed. The room was comfortable and quiet , the staff friendly and helpful and the food in the restaurant tasty and great value. We will stay here again at the end of our trip and will definately come back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fareastjim
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Good value for money hotel-near Khao San road but nice and quiet. Would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Thebobsontour
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed here overnight with my 4 year old and 8 month old on our way back to Sydney.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They got me a cot and an extra mattress in the room so the kids could sleep there. The room was big, clean and looked good (it was just a Royal King). The bathroom was clean, shower was great (although it would have been good to have the option of the water being a bit hotter but it was still a nice, warm shower!).

The lobby of the hotel and the restaurant area are lovely and nicely tucked away from the busy roads. The pool looks lovely too although we didn't have time to use it.

We could hear some noise from the busy road but it wasn't that loud at all and it didn't disturb us overnight.

So, overall I was really pleased. It was a great hotel for a stopover; the staffed eased my pain of taking 2 kids on a UK to Sydney journey on my own; and the location was great, right in the heart of Khao San Road. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: It may be that some of the rooms get less noise from the roads so you might want to ask when you boo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family