“Impressive”

Le Meridien Bangkok
Ranked #12 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This was our first stop off for our honeymoon. The reception were very attentive and we received a nice honeymoon pastry from room service after we had checked in.

Very modern room with a very large bath, pool and gym isn't fabulous but is ok.

Hotel is right next to the night market which is great and only a short walk away from the train station.

Only gripe is the lack of wifi in the room, which meant I had to take the tablet down to the reception area each night to sort out our arrangements for the following day.

We were given vouchers for BOGOF cocktails in the bar, which was nice but always seemed to be pretty empty!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienBKK, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Reviewer,

May we thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your experiences.

We are very pleased to learn that you enjoyed all the elements of the Hotel and that our service team was able to assist you in a helpful way.

When you do decide to return to Le Méridien Bangkok please let us know, as we will be very happy to oversee a reservation for you.

With Best Regards,

Le Méridien Bangkok

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is such a beautiful right in the middle of it all hotel with big glass stained wall very sheik
From the amazing art work to the amazing staff good black out curtains styleish smart modern rooms love the pillows great gym, pool not so much ,
over all experience fabulous

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit at Le Méridien Bangkok. We truly appreciate your feedback and we are so glad to learn that you had an inspired stay.

We are glad to hear you were impressed with our arrival experience, the hotel`s design and showcased art pieces – as Art is one of our passion points. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy the high service and quality levels that we pride ourselves in delivering.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

With Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2012

As a SPG gold member I chose to stay at this hotel because standard of the service should be professional and relatively good like other Starwood hotels through out the globe but what I have experienced was rather poor( I'll get to that later). I booked a corner room (37 m2) through Splendia,
The location is superb for tourists due to the bars, pubs, massage palors , etc. around the hotel which cater to every "tastes and likings". The lobby is large and chic with black and white theme through out. The corner room I was in 's nicely decorated with large trendy bathtub and rain shower in bathroom. The bed is large and comfy ( not too firm nor too soft ) with light control panel. In room there's a French coffee maker provided which add nice touch to th room. The swimming pool and gym equipments are in good condition and modern. All in all the property is great for money paid.
Here's what went wrong,
- upon check-in the male receptionist ( didn't catch his name) who checked me in was either (how shall I put this? ) incompetent, arrogant , indifferent or all mixed in. Despite me telling him that I booked a corner room through splendia ( also a gold member ) which benefits include free Internet and room upgrade or late check- out ( subject to availibity). He informed me without any hesitations that the agent has no direct contract with the hotel so no benefits whatsoever. So far so good, he might just be new there, I assumed.
- the room he assigned to me wasn't the room I booked for ( the room's in the middle of the building so no corner room as I paid for), I tried to call down to solve it but the phone line wasn't working so I had to wait until the porter came. He confirmed that wasn't the corner room , duh! I came down to the reception and presented him the email confirmation from Splendia. He asked me to sit and wait while he called up the reservation office. After 5 min he said I was right and the hotel has indeed direct contract to Spledia, so I shall enjoy free Internet and room upgrade or late checkout ( I chose the latter)
- the telephone in my room (901) wasn't working as well or I am too stupid for it. I tried to do some business calls but after dial 9 the line went dead( the display kept showing " this room has been checked out" ). After several calls to the service and 45 min later I was able to make the calls.
-upon check out after I was presented with the invoice I noticed that they also charged the internet usage onto my bill. I went through all the stuff that I just discussed with them only the evening before again. Eventually they took it off.
Conclusion: I probably would enjoy the property more if only the staff's more competent and a tad more friendly.

Room Tip: Choose higher floor for great Bangkok skyline. The corner room ain't worth it( with 1 m2 larger...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Paull421
LeMeridienBKK, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

Dear reviewer,

May I thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Bangkok on your most recent visit to Bangkok and sharing with us your experience. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel facilities, design and the hotels location. I understand from your comments, that there
was a misunderstanding as to the benefits entitled to a SPG Gold member and a Splendia Club member.

As already conversed during your stay, the exclusive benefits are different for both memberships and can not be cumulated. We understand your disappointment as you were under the impression that you were entitled to more and please accept my apologize on this.

At Le Méridien Bangkok, we pride ourselves in delivering to our guests personalized services and in satisfying their every need. I am disappointed that you did not feel like you experienced this quality of service. I would be very happy to communicate further with you, should you wish to provide me with more specifics of your disappointments.

Should you decide to stay with us in the future, please contact me directly or complete your booking through our brand website as you will be able to take fully advantage of your SPG Gold member status.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2012

I made a reservation via Splendia ... the staff did not find the reservation or recognize my Splendia status. I booked a corner room and they gave me a regular room with a poor view. I asked for a high floor and I got a room on a lower floor. It took me forever to get this straightened.

Also, I am a Gold Member of SPG / Starwood Group ... and again, no recognition of my status.

The telephone in the room did not work. I complained several times but got no attention. I had to wait for over an hour and then go to the front desk to get attention. Finally, after more than an hour someone finally recognized me. But I did not get an apology.

What really annoys me as a Thai citizen is that they do not give me the same service or attention a foreign tourist would get. No 'hello' or 'thank you'. Unfortunately this seems to be standard in Bangkok these days. I call it the racism against your own kind. Thai staff just pay more attention to white tourists. That's a pity.

The hotel itself is ok. The location is in the middle of the red light district but the rooms are rather modern and chic.

When I checked out, the charged me for the internet which was supposed to be free. Basically, they got everything wrong.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is our second stay at Le Meridien, and it was wonderful.

Hotel reception staff were very helpful / friendly.

The beds are really comfortable, and the room is very modern / chic.

The location is fantastic. The hotel is a 7 minute walk to Sala Daeng BTS train station, and just across the road from the infamous PatPong Road - but it is surprisingly still very quiet inside the hotel. An oasis in the crazy night life that is Silom / PatPong.

Unfortunately our room was just across from the service / utility room, so we often heard the cleaners talking loudly outside our door early in the morning (which woke us up a couple times). So I would suggest that hotel guests choose a room that is not close to the elevators, and also not close to the service / utility room !

I wish the aircon in the room was a little stronger, as it takes a while to cool down so I suggest that you leave a card in the slot to keep the aircon running while you are out.

The hotel shower was not that powerful, even at full strength. Hopefully the hotel will improve on this.

The gym and pool was good - but there is no steam room / sauna.

This time around, breakfast buffet was a little disappointing. Food was very slow to be replenished, especially during the "peak" periods of 8am to 10am.

There was some minor hiccup when I was checking out (something about a missing envelope sleeve?) but that was smoothed out by the ever gracious and polite hotel staff.

I love this hotel and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MacGrumpy

Dear Reviewer,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your detailed experience during your recent visit to Bangkok.

We will take into account your suggestions and make sure to share them with the rest of the Management team.

We look forward to welcoming you once more back to Le Méridien Bangkok.

With all our very best wishes,