Le Meridien Bangkok
US$ 263
Official Site
US$ 121
US$ 112
Eastin Hotel Makkasan(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$ 67
US$ 64
US$ 59
US$ 97
3,864 results
All reviewslatest recipepatpong night marketround bedchic barcircular bedsurawong roadspg platinumthe red light districtbamboo barcorner roompat pongbreakfast buffetsliding doorsilom areasala daengmodern hotelrain shower
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is one of many return trips back to this property since I just love the location which is walking distances to bustling Patpong and Silom area. Good food & great massages is all around the hotel vicinity. This hotel is modern and very well maintained. I have always enjoyed the warmth of the hospitality and the spa facilities. I recommend those who don't mind paying the extra $$$ for a 1 hr sports massage at the spa by Khun Pla. Its one of the best which I had in a long while for muscle aches. The rooms & bathrooms are spacious and totally worth your extra $ spent.

Room Tip: If you are a starwood preferred member you'll get to stay on the SPG floors which are dedicated floors and if you can afford to pay a little more try the vista rooms. its worth the money spent.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sonnysan
LeMeridienBKK, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for staying with Le Méridien Bangkok during your visit to Bangkok. It brings us much joy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we truly appreciate your compliments.

It is wonderful to know you had taken the pleasure to enjoy the hotel facilities and our service culture.

We hope to welcome you again during your next visit to Bangkok.

With all our very best wishes,

Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is my 2nd stay at LeM Bangkok. I am pleased to see that it's still very good.

Pros
-Excellent location in Silom
-5 minutes walk to skytrain
-Very stylish, trendy rooms. Bathroom open up into the room if desire
-Nice pool and gym
-Nice view

Cons
-Internet is a problem. There is only wired internet in the room (no wifi) and it's charged per day

Otherwise it's a fantastic trendy convenient modern hotel. I had a special room with a circular bed, but normal guest rooms look similar except with normal beds.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sea2skyaus
LeMeridienBKK, Director – Sales + Marketing at Le Meridien Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your detailed experience during your recent visit to Bangkok.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

With all our very best wishes,

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was looking foward to returning to this hotel having stayed there shortly after it opened. On that occasion I was most impressed, this time somewhat disappointed. It was a combination of minor issues that has changed my impression. On arrival I didn't get the same warm welcome that was so overt when new - it now was somewhat akin to a routine check in at a standard level hotel.
I requested the possibility for a later checkout some 2 days later, but was told as I had a corner room it was probably not possible as they were very busy, but to keep checking (they don't seem to have a system to record such requests). Needless to say I gave up after asking the 3rd time.
An important envelope was delivered to the hotel, but was held at the concierge desk. I had to ring to get it sent to my room, but eventually after it not appearing I ended up going down to the desk to get it myself.
To get to use the lobby wi-fi one has to go to the concierge desk (not the front desk) to obtain an authority voucher and log in serial. With all the current technology available in such a modern hotel I can't see why it can't be available in the rooms - but of course they want you to pay for the privilege.
The room I was in was showing signs of wear already and various imperfections were apparent. The room however is most comfortable if one looks past those aspects. The most amazing thing in the room is the number of notices scattered around, containg verses, how things work and what to do. I doubt whether guests would really bother.
Because I couldn't extend I sat for some 4-5 hours in the lobby waiting for an airport transfer. It gave me a further opportunity to observe the staff actions. It certainly has changed.

Finally, I had given my bags to the concierge to hold for me including a tailored jacket. When I requested my luggage on departure I found that they had pulled my jacket through the suitcase extendable handle, and needless to say the jacket was crushed.
All the aforementioned could be summed up as the lack of attention to detail.

The hotel is most convenient for a number of reasons, and the first time visitor will no doubt be impressed, but I feel it is slipping into a tourist class category - a lot of show but substance sadly slipping.

Room Tip: High level corner suites give a good impression of downtown Bangkok
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This hotel is located in the best section of Bangkok! It is right across the street from the night markets, and easy to access the Sky Train. The night markets are great to walk around at night after dinner, as they are open to 12-1am. The room is big and spacious with automatic room darkening shades to keep the sunlight out. The bathroom and shower are very nice. Great views of the city from our room. The hotel offers free Wifi, but the codes for the Wifi only last 3 hours. You can use the free Wifi in the lobby or in your room. The pool and spa look very nice, and the spa books fast, so make sure you make appointments ahead of time. The hotel recommended some excellent restaurants, Mango Tree which is close by, and Cabbages and Condoms. Both were excellent. Taxi's are very cheap, but the traffic can be bad. The Sky Train is easy to use, clean, and they pump the air conditioning, so it is a nice alternative to a Taxi. The hotel calls Taxi's for you, so there is never a problem getting a taxi. We did a walking food tour in Bangkok which I would highly recommend. Our tour guide was Nucci and she did a fabulous job. The tour was a few hours and we went to 5 different restaurants to experience authentic Thai food. One restaurant you take a boat ride across the canal to. The hotel also arranged a private Temple and canal tour for our group of 4 and it was excellent. There is a wonderful spa near the restaurant Cabbages and Condoms called "Lavana" with excellent service at great prices, and they are open late. We went after dinner one night and enjoyed it so much we returned another night! I would definitely recommend staying at Le Meridien, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

You must stay here if ever in this area. The hotel is luxurious and welcoming. The food is top-notch. The rooms are huge and the beds most comfortable ever! Great bathroom. Try the spa,it's more expensive than average Thai massage prices but well worth it.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Reviewer,

On behalf of the entire team at Le Méridien Bangkok, we thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Many details and thoughts have gone in to increase the experience of our guest stays.
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our service culture, culinary moments, spa and the hotels location.

We look forward to welcoming you once more back to Le Meridien Bangkok.

With Best Regards,