There is absolutely nothing wrong with this property. All the staff knew what they were doing and did it well. Check-in / Check-out was a breeze, everything was explained clearly.
The rooms are clean and big. All the lights, TV, showers, pool etc. work fine. The wifi is a bit slow at times, but at least it's free.
The staff leave you alone (in a good way). They are around to support you if you need their help, but they don't bother you with the "hellos" and "how-are-yous" if you just want to quickly zip in and out of the hotel.
Understandably this might not be appreciated by everyone, especially those with big egos and like to be treated like a super star. For that, please go next door to the St Regis. Similarly, those who are heading to Bangkok for the very first time may also feel this hotel is a bit "dry", since there'll be no doorman (the door is the sliding-sensor type), no duty-manager hanging around, no active concierge helping you with restaurant recommendations. (But the traffic team does do a good job getting you a taxi, although the BTS station is quite close-by anyway.)
I hope you get the idea. In a nut shell, this hotel is good value for money, no-frills in a way, but good enough.
Lastly, I must warn you about the breakfast environment which is a bit like a glorified refugee camp at peak hours. There are lots of food and the taste is fine, but the ceiling is quite low and there are no windows. So when all the tables are full it is not a very pleasant environment. (Again, the staff does their job to quickly get you an empty table.) To get around this, try having breakfast on or before 8:00am, or after 9:30am.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. Paradise amid the City of Angels Savour a heavenly stay in an urban paradise where sophisticated, world-class facilities meet heartfelt service. Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri is a refined oasis in the heart of Bangkok. The hotel is just minutes away from the central shopping district of Ratchadamri. Its location offers easy access to local landmarks, diverse entertainment and fine dining options – from the upscale Siam Paragon and CentralWorld designer malls to inexpensive bargains at the ManeeyaCenter, Amarin Plaza and President Tower Arcade. The city’s pulse beats just moments from Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Centre Point Hotel Ratchadamri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Centre Point Hotel And Residence Ratchadamri
- Grande Centre Point Bangkok