“It used to be lovely”
Review of Suhring

Suhring
Ranked #173 of 12,867 Restaurants in Bangkok
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

I went to this restaurant a few times. The first was the best, everything was great! The second a bit less, the third much less. The fourth a disaster. I’m not talking about the food (which was always lovely)but about the service.
A place that charges a certain amount of money for a “dining experience” can’t afford to have unwelcoming or not properly trained people receiving guests (unfriendly faces asking: “do you have a reservation?”...).
It can’t have some rude and unfriendly person pushing to sell the most expensive wine in the list without caring what guests would really like making them feel uncomfortable, not nice, horrible in fact.
It can’t afford to have other waiters trying to distract guests attention to charge for anything possible.
It is just not acceptable, it’s not about money (if somebody goes to this place it means money is not an issue). It’s about respect and care for people. What a shame. Food is lovely...

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank MaritzDK

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

This was a joyful experience that exceeded our expectations at every turn. It was like Christmas morning, opening new presents and being delighted with each new delight. Service and descriptions were outstanding and wine pairings were exceptionally well selected. Honestly a great meal best enjoyed in a group for maximum discussion. A MUST recommend.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

When you are the 4th top restaurant in Asia, it comes with great expectations and experiences for customers. I have to say it exceeded my expectations. Even though the chefs were not present for the evening we were there, the staff provided exceptional service from the minute we arrive.

We did not choose the set menu and opted for a la carte. Great food coupled with great wines.

A worthwhile dining experience despite the costs.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Booking via telephone was great (always good to speak to a person when planning for an occasion like dinning), unlike another Michelin restaurant near Central World where you get treated like a beggar and told to do it over the web.

Ambiance is good. Tables set scattered over a converted house. Food was good, tasty and still affordable on a once a quarter basis. And I wish there was more I could comment about the food.

Staff uniform seems a little casual and their appearance a little unfit for the establishment, though the service was fair and professional.

If anything- I wish there was a place to sit and wait, perhaps order a drink or two while waiting for the booking time. I was 15mins early and had to wait outside the locked gate for opening.

Last word, I will be back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 23 October 2018

The service was disappointing. The staffs were nice and friendly but the communication was terrible, we get different information when asking different staffs which was confusing and unprofessional. I was mad because they served the dessert with ice cream when I was away to the bathroom. I came back to see the ice cream left on the table, melted, without explanation on the menu. Moreover, at the same time they also serve my BF's birthday cake (+additional 500baht) when I was away.

The food here has always been great and progressive. But after they got all the awards and hype, apart from the fact that the price is almost double, they serve less food in term of quantity, less complicated food in term of techniques and ingredients. (Especially if you compare the same price range with other awarded Bangkok restaurants.)

Basically the first and third time I went, I did tasting menu and they are mostly different. Then the second time, we tried A La Carte which was good, the onion pie was really really good! But this time, the menu is still 80% the same from last year even though we chose more expensive course.

Date of visit: October 2018