Baan Dinso Hostel
Rikka Inn(Bangkok)
  • Pool
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdemocracy monumentshared bathroomkhao san roadwalking distanceafter midnightroyal palacelaundry serviceair conthe location is perfectvisit bangkoktuk tukthailandpier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2012

It is clean and comfortable, it is quite place in the middle of the noisy city. Close to the famous khao san road, 7 min. walking or so. The twin room we took was very tiny, we hardly had place to open our bags, and were surprised to see that there was no bathroom in the room but just a shared bathroom outside. I wasn't expecting this for the 70 USD paid... The shared bathroom was clean and renovated, had all the soaps etc needed but again, it is downstairs in the back yard, out of the room. I believe that the price was too high for what they provided. Didn't have the chance to eat breakfast there as checked out early in the morning, however did get a breakfast to-go.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rehber
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I travelled Thailand last year and during the trip I passed thru Bangkok a few times. It felt like arriving at home. The house is wonderful and charming, the rooms are very comfortable, delicious and very well served breakfast, and most of all, very friendly staff. More than friendly, they are very helpfull with all kind of information you might need to get around crazy Bangkok. I love the location as well, centered, but far from chaotic Kao San Road, with its touristic frenzy. At Baan Dinso you cross little alleys, with local family houses. A great experience, i'm sorry it took me so long to write this review!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Baan Dinso recently and were treated wonderfully by the staff. I had recently had a motorcycle accident and found everyone very accommodating and considerate of my needs. They really went the extra mile. Also, the hostel is in a great neighborhood, central but not too touristy and along a vibrant canal. I will always stay in this hostel when I visit Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The place is very clean and has lots of character. The breakfast was enormous and good with the extra touch of a smiley face on your toast. Our twin room was a bit on the small side and did not have its own bathroom but the washroom down the hall was never busy and was always spotless. It was perfectly adequate for us especially considering the price point. I had initial concerns about the showers being downstairs but they were the nicest common shower area I have ever seen. Location was great. It was our first experience with hostels and they have set the bar quite high.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SomeTraveller
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights, it is an excellent place to stay and to explore Bangkok. It is close to all of the tourist sights but not within the touristy area of Bangkok. The house its self is in a residential neighborhood but is close to many local restaurants and many of the top attractions in Bangkok. Also, it has free wi-fi, which is a big plus in Bangkok and A/C which is a must in this extremely warm and humid city. They also have a computer lab in the basement with a little library and some DVD's to watch in your room. Our room was one with its own bathroom but the bathroom facilities for those who do not have bathrooms in their room is very nice and very clean. The whole establishment is very clean and very nice. I would definitely stay here again, not a doubt about it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple