“Very good value ”
Review of Ferrary Hotel

Ferrary Hotel
Ranked #454 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Very well located, very clean and with an helpful staff. A typical food market with many food stands is a 10 mn walk away. The subway is close by. The shopping district is easily reachable . This hotel is not in a trendy neighborhood but it will provide you with a more genuine Taiwanese experience

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank capsicum0620

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I booked 3 nights for my trip in Taipei. I arrived in the hotel and found out the actual hotel is not shown in the pictures listed. The hotel is relatively old. They did not issue me an access card but an actual key that you need to return every time you leave the hotel. I reserved a king bedroom. When I went inside the room, I saw two double beds put together and they called it a king size bed. The room I received is a corner room. The edge of the mirror in the bathroom was peeled off and was in bad shape. I saw a long hair in the sink of the bathroom. I stayed there for awhile and i did not have a good feeling. In the morning, the room looked fine. At night, the room became dark, there was not enough light fixtures and felt haunted. My local taipei friends came visit me and commented the room I was staying in look like a room they would rent out for illegal activities and suggested me to change hotel. I asked for an immediate check out on my first night of my three nights. I did not stay any night at this hotel. Then, I contacted the hotel for a refund and they completely refused it. They did not give me a room with a king size bed. They said they were unable to give me a refund as the rate was discounted. However, all hotel is taipei raise the listing price and show the current rate as on sale.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Hotel a little bit old but clean. Staff is awesome!!! Excellent service. Buffet breakfast is ok, many choices for Asian and a little less for continental. A little bit pricey for the type of accommodation. But all in all I would recommend it. I guess it's fair for rate for big city.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Tal2
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I stayed here for 5 nights.
Despite the location (10 minutes walks from XiMenDing Mrt station / Long San Shi mrt station.), I gotta give a "poor" rating for the hotel.
Firstly, it's a non smoking hotel, but we can smell the cigarette smell in the corridor, and yes, together with the weird old and unpleasant old carpet smell.
Secondly, the hotel provided buffet breakfast.But, almost everyday, the foods were running out and the staffs (more than 2 staffs plus one "lady boss" i guess) were notice that condition without topping up the foods for customers again. The trays were empty, the jug is empty and the staffs just took a glance and walking away. I observed them for 5 days and they just pretended they didn't notice and will not take the initiative to top up the foods , fruits and milk unless being asked by customers. The cafe is full of customers, and the fruits are running out since I sat down and started my breakfast, someone was talking to the staff and request them to top up the fruits, and finally the staff was taking a small plate of cutting fruits (well, for two person servings maximum) to refill the tray and the customer was finally gave up and walk away without taking any fruit.
The last two day before I checked out, the housekeeper spilled my brand new facial toner and leave only few drops in the bottle, and they only said "sorry" and the end.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank laikaum
Reviewed 20 December 2015

We stayed here on 2 separate occasions, first at the start of our trip and again on the last 2 days.

Both stays we got different rooms on different floors. The first night, maybe because we only checked in after 6pm and was staying one night, the rooms we got on the 10th floor were freezing cold, dim and it took forever for the water to get hot. We were not impressed!

The second visit, we stayed two nights, and the rooms we got on the 11th floor were much nicer, brighter and not so cold. Showers were nice and hot.

The rooms themselves were standard hotel rooms, generally hotel rooms in Taiwan are quite spacious. Clean sheets, comfy beds, we got extra blankets in ours the second time round. Great wifi connection. Soundproofing is not so good, I could hear traffic (not loud but still audible) and people in the corridors. My parents were in the room next to ours and could hear my child crying.

Breakfast was a small selection of eggs, ham, noodles, congee and breads.

The hotel seems popular with tour groups, large groups were checking in and out during our stay there.

The staff were always ready to answer your questions, they were not smiley or look very friendly but it was always a hive of activity.

The Ximending MRT station is about a 10 min walk from the hotel and the area is surrounded by shops. We didn't have much time to explore but there is a bakery just two doors away and some convenience stores, eateries, fruit shops. I did not check out the laundry facilities but there is a self service laundromat nearby.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family