“a nice small hotel - great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Landis Taipei

Ranked #52 of 565 Hotels in Taipei
perth
“a nice small hotel - great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

this hotel is quite small, we stayed here for 4 nights with two room (connecting), a family executive room and a standard room (japanese style). got taught that theres only 3 japanese style room at this hotel. when checked in the receptionist even walked us up to our room and explained everything to us. our reservation was to include breakfast, the breakfast wasnt that fancy but enough to fill you up, thats a egg station as well. good enough for me.

unfortunately this hotel doesnt have a swimming pool =(
i am very happy with this hotel, this hotel cleans your room more than once a day. it is very clean. they always stock up on your free water as well, we didnt even need to buy water at this hotel, totally love it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
GRMLandis, Guest Relations Manager at The Landis Taipei, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Landis Taipei and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed staying at our family suite and satisfied wih cleaness of your room as well as the free mineral water . It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your kind words with all the associates.

The entire team and I sincerely appreciate your encouragements and feedbacks so that we may serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back at The Landis Taipei very soon.

Akiko Satio
Guest Relation Manager
The Landis Taipei
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed here for my Easter break and got a very comfortable room. The hotel is art deco inside and out which is a lot of fun. My room was recently renovated so it was extremely comfortable. The bed was perfect, and so was the bathroom. The shower pressure was just right, and I just love that Taiwanese hotels are embracing the high-tech Japanese washlets too.

Breakfast was very good with excellent service. The staff everywhere are friendly, professional and always helpful. I will definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
GRMLandis, Guest Relations Manager at The Landis Taipei, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Landis Taipei and taking your precious time to share your comment with us. I am please to know that you enjoyed our new renovated room with washlet and also our staff service. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your kind words with all the associates.

The entire team and I sinerely appreciate your encouragements and feedbacks so that we may serve our guests better in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back at The Landis Taipei very soon.

SIncerely yours,

Guest Relation Manager
The Landi Hotel Taipei
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

A smaller intimate hotel, clean rooms, nice bar and a tasty breakfast included. The staff spoke decent English and vere very helpful. However the rooms were small and the free Internet was a little weak. It was well located in an area with restaurants and shopping. The metro was a block away and a large interesting Confucious Temple was a few blocks away. It's a good value for the money.

Stayed April 2012
GRMLandis, 客戶關係經理 at The Landis Taipei, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your recent staying experience with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the bar and breakfast during your stay. However, we regret that our internet service didn’t meet your expectations. We will discuss with our IT department to fix the internet connecting problem you mentioned. Thank you once again for your comments and feedbacks, we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Landis Hotel Taipei very soon.

Anastasia Su
Landis Hotels Taipei
Mulhouse, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

Coming from Hong Kong, we stopped in taipei and stayed at the Landis.
Very cosy reception - the receptionist took us to our room, and made a tour/presentation of the room.
For some reason I was upgraded to a suite - the room was huge, and incredible - the best room I stayed in for a business trip. I even had a full bar in the suite!
The quality of the staff was as high as the quality of the room - always trying to please you in anyway they could.
Got diner at the hotel - i strongly recommend the chocolate mousse - simply heaven!
Bottom line: incredible hotel, and will come back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
GRMLandis, Guest Relations Manager at The Landis Taipei, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Landis Taipei and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed staying at our corner suite and also satisfied our staff's service. And thank you for using our restaurant as well. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your kind words with all the associates.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

The first and foremost comment I would like to say is that the staff here were exceptional in every aspect. They were professional and eager to please while projecting sincerity. I was impressed!

I booked this hotel through an agent and chose the corner suite. It was a very comfortable room with alot of space for you to move around. I've read some reviews about this corner quite and I was not disappointed.

I did not have breakfast here even though I was given the complimentary breakfast but instead walked down the road towards the subway station to Starbucks. This leads me to say that the location isn't the best but you have close access to the subway to get around. For me, I just took a cab to get to places as it wasn't that expensive to get around. This place is quite close to Shihlin night market so if you're up for local snacks, here is the place to go!

Overall, I was impressed with this hotel mostly because of the staff. Will I return? Yes I will!

Room Tip: Try and get a corner suite!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
GRMLandis, Guest Relations Manager at The Landis Taipei, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Landis Taipei and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at corner suite and also satisfied with our staff's service. It is always delightful to receive compliments from our guests and I have shared your kind words with all the associates.