“Stay here if you are looking for attentive & extra-friendly customer service”

Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch
Ranked #4 of 568 Hotels in Taipei
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Stay here if you are looking for attentive & extra-friendly customer service”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed for 5 nights in this hotel. We took up the promotion for 3pax travellers and it came to a total of MYR1745. When you sucessfuly stayed in, remember to sign up as a member and there is further promotion for next stay.

This is a very basic business hotel (no swimming pool, no restaurants, only small cafeteria for breakfast, no food serve for lunch nor dinner). However, it is not difficult at all to get food if you dont mind to walk 5-10min (turn left when you walk out from the hotel, go straight to the junction & turn right or left for shoplots & hunt for your food). Plenty of restaurants (majority are western food) outside & subway is 5 min walk away (turn left at the junction).

The room we stayed in is very small. there is no place to hang clothes in the bath room, there are some spaces outside the bathroom but if you are sharing room with others, it is not easy to manage. Room space is limited. We ordered a twin bed room and added a bed (3 of us) and there wasnt much space left to put our laggage..

Breakfast is repetative. Each day we had almost the same variety of food, the bacon & soya are very nice, the rest so so. They hired violinist on every Thursday and he played very well surround the cafeteria. Very nice atmophere.

It looks not too satisfying but I rated 4 out of 5 for its service. Their staffs are of great manner and a supervisor/manager is always on duty to take care of each customer's concern. The staffs are smiling all the time, and very attentive. They are professional yet flexible in handling customer's request. Each day we were asking for the directions/ transport fees/ etc and the staffs patiently share the info with us accurately. It made it very easy for us to plan our trip there and then. Besides, the staffs are friendly enough to share their experience/recommendations and politely apologize when we need to wait for them (if there are Q at the counter). This hotel is not at town center, but you could easily walk or take a cab to nearby "LRT Station (the Malaysian called it)" and from there its convenient to travel to tourist spots.

One of our friend fell sick during the trip. I informed the staff and I was about to ask for permission to bring some porridge to our room for him. Before I manage to ask, the staff showed her concern and asked me if I would like her to bring some food for my friend. This extra-mile service is hard to find and I am very very satisfy with it. My only regret is that I forgot to ask for the name of the helpful staff to be sent to their management for acknowlegment. Great thanks to all wonderful staffs in Dandy hotel (Tianmu branch).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherry85my
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a comment after your recent stay at Dandy Hotel (Tianmu Branch).

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. I will share your comment with our team who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. Also I am pleased to hear that one of our staff provided a service which were up to your expectations. I have personally delivered your comments to her-Ruby.
Regarding the limited space for hanging clothes in the bathroom, please rest assured that we will take the proper actions to improve it.

Dandy Hotel- Tianmu
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The best asset of this hotel is its employees. Everybody is very friendly and attentive. Great customer service! There was always someone to help us to communicate with a taxi driver (make sure you have a tourist brochure or your destination address written in Chinese, taxi drivers do not speak English).
I have only two complains.
There is no decent door between bedroom/bathroom, only thin matte glass door that is not even floor to ceiling. No privacy at all.
When I saw white/grey palette of the room we got and only one chair, I could not get rid of impression we were visiting somebody in the hospital. Hotel lobby looks so nice and complete compared to rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zhenia1
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Dandy Hotel- Tianmu. Thanks for your positive feedback on our customer service, I will share with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
However, we are regret to learn that the simple-style design on bedroom and bathroom in guest room makes you feel uncomfortable during your stay. Your comment has been noted on future renovation plan, and we will try our best to seek further ways of improvement to eliminate the uneasiness.

Australia
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This hotel is great. Its new and modern and the design is contemporary. Rooms are as as photographed on their website.

Rooms are massive. I booked an elite twin room and it was very spacious. It had a desk, and a sofa and two single beds. The room had a bench in the hallway as you enter the room and the toilet was big. Shower pressure was good. Mattress is nice and firm and blanket is thick and clean.

All the lights were electronically controlled via a switch board next to one of the beds (or there is a seperate electronic switch too).

The wifi in the room was weak however, they did have two mac computers in the lobby and complimentary coffee and tea throughout the day. There were a lot of front desk attendees at times which made it feel quite chaotic but the front desk were very helpful and polite and they were quick to help with the bags.

The location of the hotel is a bit out of the way but the bus stop across the road has a couple of buses that takes you to the nearest metro station or the new SOGO dept store nearby (within a couple of minutes drive). Bus fare is dirt cheap. The front desk has a sheet to direct you which bus to catch so you can ask for it.

Breakfast is complimentary. The breakfast was average although selection was plenty. They have soy milk and congee or the western eggs, sausage, fried stuff, toast etc. They even had little cakes which wasn't that tasty considering taiwan made cakes are really yummy.

The hotel had a laundry for use and was complimentary. They even supplied laundry powder for free which was great. A public use iron board also available.

They supplied hotel umbrellas to use on rainy days.

A very comfortable stay!

Room Tip: The elite rooms are spacious and nice. You won't go wrong selecting this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank giraffez
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, 21 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable comment on TripAdvisor. As one of the new hotel in Taipei, we are very appreciative of all feedbacks which assists us greatly in improving our services. Our goal is to exceed our guest's expectations.Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we all sincerely looking forward to serving you in the future!

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 January 2012

As described by the reviews below, the hotel is not located at the city center. But not really a problem. The advantage is that it's very quiet in the rooms. The hotel is new, the design very modern and minimalist; very pleasing to te eyes. Big tv in the room, nice bed and shower, heated toilet seat. Various toiletries available. Breakfast served new everyday.
The staff are very, very accommodating. They assumed the role of a translator for us and patiently conveyed the taxi driver's message for us. Some of the staff even went out of the hotel to talk to the taxi driver for us.
And on one occasion they even called our driver because we couldn't locate him at our meeting place. (it turned out that he was there, just sleeping)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank lovetripsdd
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, 7 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Dandy Hotel- Tianmu. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

Tina Cheng, Manager
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 7 nights and must say that my stay was extremely comfortable. The room was large, modern and spacious. I hadn't done a lot of research before booking this hotel -like I would normally do -as I had to fly out to Taipei urgently but I have no regrets. I agree that the only slight disadvantage is that its not close to a metro station but there are lots of taxis at all times of day and night and during the day it was quite easy to get the no 220 bus to the Jaintain station by crossing the main road near to the hotel. Everyday ,I had to travel to and from Zhongxiao Fuxing metro station to visit my son who was in a hospital nearby. ALL the staff were extremely friendly and exceptionally outstanding.Keep it up!! Even at 1am in the morning when I asked for something they gave service with a smile and courtesy, They were always accommodating. Thanks to Helen & Derek for packing some breakfast each morning.Hotel extras such as the free internet and the use of the launderette were a great bonus. When my son was discharged from the hospital they even upgraded our room to a better one so that we did not have to wait for the usual check in time. I would love to stay there again if I ever go back. Please don't be discouraged to stay at this hotel just because its slightly far from the metro. It has many other advantages.

Room Tip: Initially had a room facing the front of the hotel which I preferred as the other better quality roo...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank DushTanna
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of Dandy Hotel-Tianmu, I would like to thank you for such a positive review of our hotel and for sharing your experience with fellow views on TripAdvisor. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, we all sincerely looking forward to serving you and your son again in the future!

Tina Cheng, Manager