“Great room, nice staff, centrally located” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch

Ranked #18 of 566 Hotels in Taipei
anaheim
“Great room, nice staff, centrally located”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week and loved it! The hotel is located directly across the street from the blue line MRT (train station) and also centrally located to walk to other neighborhoods. The staff was amazing! They were all very nice and helped us find our way around a city. They recommended places to go, provided directions, made reservations for us, and helped us with translations as we didn't speak the language. Each room is unique, stylish and very clean. All rooms have free wireless internet. Taipei is a great city and this is the perfect hotel to stay at while in Taipei! Reasonably priced.

Room Tip: A few of the rooms located in the center do not have a window. If that matters to you, be sure to a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Value Guest:

Good day! Thank you so much for this excellent review and all the precious time that you spend for it. It is very important for us to know our guests enjoying their stay, and it is the best compliment to us.

I am very happy that not only you enjoyed your stay with us also the city. Hopefully it could be a memorable trip for you and your husband. We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future. Please visit us when you are in town.

CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

I booked a 5 nights (non-consecutive) stay in a room with 2 single beds. Checked in and out a couple of times as I was travelling around Taiwan and returning to Taipei as my "base". The rooms have different designs and I stayed in one that was an executive style (higher level) and one with snow ski design. It was cool! There's washing machine and dryer at the B1 level, with some tables and very nice ambience for relaxing and surfing net. Free WIFI available at all locations. Free coffee, tea, hot water at Level 1 and B1 all day.

Something that left the best impression on me was their excellent service. I left my blackberry on the bed one day and checked out. I suddenly remembered it soetime later the day and called them, (not expecting to hear good news but I was wrong!) they replied that it is kept with them and they have stored it with my luggage (you can store your bulk luggage with them while you tour Taiwan). I can't thank the service staff enough!

Not to forget the extremely convenient location, just opposite Exit 3 of Ximen MRT Station, just across the road to all the Ximending shopping area! They don't provide breakfast, but there's a discount voucher you can get from the conceirge for a nice cafe just across the street. They also provide airport transfer at a really reasonable pricing, I had 2 pax and it was NT1100 per trip. You can arrange for any timing that you want. Imagine not having to lug around the bulky shopping luggage and rush up and down the buses, MRTs, trains! Would definitely recommend taking the airport transfer. :-)

No matter how busy they are, all the staff (even the housekeeping aunties) were all smiles and very eager to share with us more about Taiwan and little travelling tips. The experience is so memorable that I would definitely stay here again whenever I visit Taipei!

Room Tip: When comparing the X07 (e.g. 207, 307, 507) to the X08 (e.g. 208, 308), they are the same size but t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Value Guest:

Thank you for this very helpful review. We are all so happy to have you as our guest.
As the manager of CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, I am very honor to know that our service could meet your standard. Our guest's satisfaction is the ultimate goal for us to achieve.

When a guest approving our service is the best compliment to our staff. It is also delightful to know that you enjoying the facility and location of our hotel.

Thank you for all the comments and information sharing with your precious time. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

New & clean hotel with cool decoration. Hotel staff are friendly and provide excellent service (I will stay here again because of the 'feel like a VIP' service). The hotel have a basement with simple facilities e.g. washing machine, computers, oven and crouches. Wifi signal is good. No breakfast. Shower gel, shampoo and disposable toiletries are provided.

Minor cons: Agreed with other reviewers that the rooms have thin walls. Prepare to hear noises if you intend to sleep late til 9+/10am

Location: Ximending metro station > Exit 3 > The building with vertical orange signboard on your left just across the road.

Would like to share this incident which touched me:
After checking out and went to do some last min shopping @ XMD, I repacked my luggage in the basement. As I am stood up and ready to go, I saw a staff rushing (yes running) to press the button for lift. To my surprise, he did so just for me to minimize waiting time and could safely enter the lift. He did not take the lift at all!! "Good bye & hope you have a pleasant stay", said the staff with a warm smile. Unbelievable attentiveness!

This is my third time in Taipei and CityInn is the best hotel i stayed so far. I will not think further but choose CityInn for my next trip here!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Value Guest:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your appreciation of our service and facility.
It is our honor to have you in CityInn Hotel Plus as our guest.

I am very glad to know that our service could meet your standard. Your comments are the best encouragement to all of the staff in CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch. However, we are still going to improve ourselves to serve our guests more nicely. By the way, the male staff who helped you with the lift is one of our assistant managers - Zack. I will praise him in our monthly meeting for his action.

Please visit us again when you are in Taipei. We are looking forward to seeing you in the near future.

sobel0123
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

My family and I stayed 4 nights in this hotel. We chose this hotel due to its good location. Located just outside Exit 3 of Ximen Station, the hotel is extremely convenient. Although the hotel does not include breakfast, there is a nice breakfast eatery called Ya Dang Bao just around the corner, if one does not want to walk over to Yong He Dou Jiang located at Ximending for breakfast.

The staffs were very friendly and surprisingly, they actually remember our name. They have been vey accomodating to our room request. Their recommendations for food have been good. A great thanks to the staffs of City Inn Plus.

The hotel has a lounge area located at the basement floor, where there is a pantry with free coffee, tea and fruit juices. A nice place to eat our packed supper together with family comfortably.

We booked an elegant room and a family room. As expected, the rooms were smaller than the hotel rooms we had at Taichung and Hualien. A bit squeezy for 3 of us in the family room, especially when we had 3 luggages. The elegant room is fine. And all their room's light switches are on a touch panel. Both our toilets are spacious and equipped with a bath tub.

Wifi is provided on every floor. However, I guess the AP is probably not well located. I got very good signal from the twin room but very weak signal from the family room.

The only drawback is that they only issue one room card per room and all guests are required to return the room card to the reception whenever they leave the hotel. This created some inconvenience and irks my sister. What happens is that I have returned earlier to the hotel to rest while my family continue shopping. I took my room card from the reception. Unfortunately, my family returned while I was taking my bath, and I could not hear the room bell inside the bathroom. She went to the reception and asked for a second card to enter the room but the reception instead call my room to confirm. After hearing the phone ringing for quite some time, I had to run out of the bathroom halfway to answer the reception call. And, wrapped in towel only, I had to wait for my family to come up to our room to open the door for them. What an experience.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear Value Guest:

Thank you for your precious time to write this review. We are very grateful that you choosing CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch to stay while you are in Taipei. It is good to know that you enjoyed the location of our hotel.

All of our staff are very happy to know that you enjoying the service and tips for food. It is such an honor that we could provide helpful services to you. As for the Wifi issue you mention, I apologize for any inconvenience that may cause you. We will do the test and proper adjustment to improve our facility. However, if this ever happen again, our guest also can borrow cable from our front desk. We provide free internet service as well.

And for the room card returning policy, please allow me to explain the reason behind it. The room cards in our hotel have hotel name and room number on them. If our guest lost his/her card and someone picking it up, then that person will have free access to our guest room. Therefore the only concern of this policy is our guests' security. I am sorry for all the trouble that occurred during your stay.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. And we are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Don't judge this book by it's cover. Inside this hotel is a clean, modern, comfortable hotel with the most attentive staff I have ever witnessed. The hotel is affordable and convenient and I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially someone on a budget.

Room Tip: Some rooms are in the middle of the building and don't have windows.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ted T
, Manager at CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Dear Value Guest:

Thank you very much for this wonderful review on us. It is our honor to have you as our guest while you are in Taipei.

Your comment is the best encouragement to all the staff in CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending Branch. Please visit us again if you ever have a chance to be in town. Thank you again for your precious time to write this review. Hopefully we will see you soon.

CityInn Hotel Plus - Ximending