“Excellent Service from Hotel”

CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III
Ranked #12 of 571 Hotels in Taipei
Singapore
“Excellent Service from Hotel”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 6 nights. Location is about 5-10mins walk to Taipei Main Station. Although there is not many shops around the hotel, one can head to the shopping mall, QSquare which is just above Taipei Main Station. Receptionists were super friendly and polite, greeting you everytime you enter the lobby. I've requested for extra 2 pillows before I left my hotel and when I came back, the extra 2 pillows were placed nicely on the bed. Rooms were clean and comfortable. They also provide a coffee machine at the pantry so you can get your dose of caffeine before heading out. There is also a luggage weighing machine. Very handy if you have bought a lot of items. It happens to be my birthday on one of the days I was staying in the hotel and the hotel gave me a pair of preview tickets to The Expendables 2! They also slide a birthday card through the door on the day. I am really impressed by the excellent service they had provided.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank WynnTLY
Chloelin, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking your time to post the kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel and thank you for liking our services. We appreciate the positive feedback and it will be shared with the team.

Sincerely look forward to welcoming you back. If I can be of any further assistance, I can be reached at chloe@taipeiinn.com.tw.

Warm regards,

Chloe Lin, Supervisor
Cityinn Taipei main station Branch III
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at City Inn Taipei 3 during our recent holiday in the city. The hotel is located at the northern end from the Taipei Main Station. It took about 15-20 minutes’ walk from the Metro platform to reach the doorstep of the hotel. It is located in a local neighbourhood within walking distance to night market, local eateries and a 24 hour supermarket.

The hotel staff contacted me the night before to confirm our reservation. I thought that was very thoughtful of them to ensure that our room booking was in order.

Arriving at the hotel lobby after 2pm, we were warmly greeted by the friendly staffs at City Inn. Cathleen and Harris who handled our check-in were professional and polite. They appeared sincere and helpful in delivering their job. The front office appeared busy all day and it’s pretty amazing that most of the staffs could maintain a consistent service attitude to all guests. I guess if I'm the owner of this hotel, I would be very pleased to have them as part of my team.

We were given room 802 before 3pm. While the room itself wasn’t spacious, it was very clean and the décor was modern. The room looked exactly like the pictures shown in the hotel website. Even though it faced straight to the main road, noise insulation was good. Our bed was really comfortable and the water pressure in the bathroom was perfect.

At level 1 of the hotel, there was a self-service pantry where we could help ourselves to the coffee machine and teabags. Wifi was very strong and there were 2 PCs at the lobby where guests could use them.

Generally, we enjoyed our stay at City Inn. Our minor gripe was probably the relatively long walk from the Taipei Main Station back to the hotel after a long day of sightseeing. If I’m back in Taipei one day, I would probably stay here again – for the nice room, exceptional service and the affordable prices I paid.

Regards,

Stay: 16 to 21st Aug 2012
Room 802

Room Tip: Ask for a room that have a window.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank minghui79
deputymanager_12, 經理 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your valuable comment on TripAdvisor and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay.
We are greatly honored of your comprehensive review of our services and facilities. Your support is the motivation for us to continue trying to be the best every day.
Once again your review is highly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future!

Warm Regards,

Sky Hsu, Deputy Manager
City inn Hotel III
Singapore
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and have been very satisfied with my experience, especially for the price.

The service staff is very responsive and I've been impressed at how helpful they can be. The room is nice, clean, great bathroom, and the internet is reliable and fast enough for clear skype calls.

I can hear my neighbors a little bit, so the only thing I wish is that the walls were more soundproof. All in all, this is a great value hotel in a good location that I'll come back to

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank JeredSingapore
JohnnyChiang, 主任 at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to stay and we appreciate your comments.
We will do our best to offer better service and we are looking forward to welcoming you again on CityInn3.

Best regards,
Johnny Chiang
Supervisor
Cityinn Hotel III
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed for 5 nights at the Cityinn III hotel for about NT1,900 a night for a Cityinn Room. This hotel ticked many boxes for me:
- The room was a little small, but big enough not to feel cramped.
- They provided free bags of chips/crisps, tea bags and 2 bottles of water each day
- Self-service laundry is free. This meant I could travel light and not worry about having sufficient clean clothes for the stay, given the hot and humid conditions when I was there
- Location of the hotel is fairly near to THSR (but not the MRT, see below)
- Bed was very comfortable
- Electrical socket at the head of the bed. Those (and I'm sure most of us) who want to charge and use their mobile phones while in bed can do so without the need for a long charging cable
- Clean room
- 24hr McDonald's, a KFC and a 7-11 round the corner
- Staff were professional and helpful
- Free wifi

There were some drawbacks though:
- Water in the room's shower did not drain fast enough, often resulting in having to stand in a soapy pool of water
- The walk to Bannan (blue) MRT Line is actually quite a distance. It is probably better to take a bus to get to Ximending (1 stop away on the MRT) than walking all the way to the MRT station.
- The iron in the laundry room is missing. I did inquire about it and the reception staff volunteered to borrow one from Cityinn II, which is just next door, for my use. I didn't bother to take them up on the offer though
- Having to hand in your room card to reception each time you step out of the hotel. This is troublesome especially if you're just stepping out for a while or if the reception staff are busy and you need to deposit or retrieve the room card from them.
- Noise from the corridors or adjacent rooms could be heard. However, this was easily solved with earplugs

Overall though, the hotel is a winner, given the price, convenience, cleanliness and facilities provided. Highly recommended for those who just need a simple, comfortable room. You'll need to book early through the hotel's website though. Reservations on the hotel's website open only 3 months before and rooms sell out fast. I would definitely consider this hotel again in my next visit to Taipei.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank SoloTravelr
Thank you very much for choosing City Inn Hotel Taipei Station Branch III and we appreciate your comments and compliment on any aspect of our hotel.
Your compliment will be great inspiration and motivation of improvement for us.
We would like to thank you for helping us to provide our best service to meet satisfaction from all our guests.

We would like to tell all our guests not to be hesitated to inform all our receptionists and housekeepers immediately when they are facing any trouble such as ironing device need, slow water draining in the shower room, and noisy on the floor during their stay.

We usually suggest our guests to take Bannan (blue) MRT Line to Ximending area since Taipei Main station is more close to our hotel, and you will be stand in front of the main entrance of Ximending after you go out the No 6. exit of Ximending MRT Station. However, you certainly can also go outside of 3rd South Gate of Taipei Main Station, and find Route 262 city bus, you can still reach Ximending area quickly by taking Route 262 bus.

Although we recommend all our guests to keep their room keys at front desk for the safety concern; however, it is certainly not necessary or compulsory thing to be the trouble make to our guests. We have been educating our reception about this concept, and surely going find a much better way to solve this problem, because we all are looking forward to serve you the best.
Shall you have any questions or concern, please feel free to contact us anytime.
Once again, the service team of City Inn Hotel 3 thank you for your great comments, and we wish you all very best!

Best regards,
Johnny Chiang, Supervisor
City inn Hotel III
Macau
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The room is exactly the same as it's shown in the hotel website. The room is clean and nice.
The hotel location is convenient and easy to find. The receiptionsts are nice and have provided a good service. it provides free wifi, snack and bottle mineral water. But may be I 've booked a small room, it is no wardrobe, and walls are thin. 酒店房整潔,地點方便,就在台北火車站後面。服務員態度佳。並每日提供兩包免費零食及兩支礦泉水。酒店亦有免費WIFI上網,茶水間,免費自助洗衣房...等。但小房間則無衣櫃提供及隔音較弱。

Room Tip: Keep the voice down in the room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WAnnieW
Chloelin, Supervisor at CityInn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Cityinn Hotel - Taipei Station Branch III. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we all look forward to serving you again in the future!

Yours Faithfully,