“Modern, relaxing hotel”
Review of Le Meridien Taipei

Le Meridien Taipei
Ranked #61 of 578 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Great experience at the Le Meridien. Stayed for a week and everything was top notch and seamless. A replacement key card, room service, and a folding extra bed were all brought up quickly and with no hassles. The food is good (breakfast buffet downstairs that we had every day, and also the room service). Room is nice, quiet, and calming, and we liked the Toto toilet with all the bells and whistles. Free wifi.

Only a few downsides:
-Some of the modern art displayed in the lobby/club area is a bit strange. For example they have a couple life sized and realistic chimpanzee statues dressed in human clothing (and a goat standing on two feet). They also had cartoonish paintings of kids, all missing an eye. Maybe its just me and I feel like this belongs more in a hotel that is trendier and more "out there", not Le Meridien.
-No real attempt to personalize our stay, even though we were there for 7 nights.
-Almost nothing in the room (including the toilet which is electric) works without a key card in the slot.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We went to Taipei to celebrate one of our friend's birthday. We had a surprise party for my friend on the day of our arrival and we had asked the hotel to order a cake for us from their cake shop with short notice. The hotel was really helpful with the arrangement of the surprise party. We all had a great time.

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and had a enjoyable stay. The service was great and the room is really nice and spacious.

The location of the hotel is really good. Close to a lot of shops, restaurants and clubs.

We will definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed 2 nights at Le Meridien Taipei during Christmas 2011.

The location of this hotel is great, Mitsukoshi department store and Eslite Bookstore are just next to the hotel and Taipei 101 is within walking distance.

The room is quite small and the bathroom is of an open design to save space, but overall the room is nice and cozy with all the modern amenities.

We requested the Concierge to recommend a hot pot restaurant and help us to make a reservation. Finally we received a message that the restaurant was fully booked and they didn’t provide us with any alternatives. Although friendly, the staff could be a little professional.

Overall, the hotel is nice with a good location. We will come back next time when we visit Taipei again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank London-Lourson
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I was looking forward to my stay at the Le Meridien given that it is a new hotel and the photos looked awesome, but having to cut short my stay from 4 nights to 2 nights and move to another hotel, I have say, I was very disappointed. I upgraded to a Jr. Suite with my Starwood points, since there were 3 of us as I occasionally drag my parents along on my business trips.
Check in - large and impressive lobby, but the space felt cold. However, no place for my aging parents to sit and wait while I checked in. There were maybe 3 chairs by the side of the wall that was occupied and littered with luggage. After we were checked in, we were handed off to another guy, the guy said follow me, disappeared behind a door and never came back. Strange..... ??? So we went back to the reception desk and asked for help.
Room - I loved that the room was modern and felt crisp and clean. But there were so many design flaws with the room. For instance, the panel to open and close the drapes is tucked behind this column that was blocked by a heavy over-sized chair. I had to move that clunky furniture and squeezed behind it to access the panel, and did I mention I'm no skinny minnie?- painful. The bathroom was large - OK, I loved that but none of the doors can be locked from the inside. Hmmm..... strange. The doors between the living room, bedroom and bathroom are so thin and offered no sound insulation. Hmmm.... very low on privacy. the over-sized walk in closet is not inside the bedroom but by the front door - another strange design. There was no closer in the bedroom, so the luggage were left on the one chair in the room. The switch panels in the room are not clearly labeled so we had a lot of "fun" turning off the other persons' lights. In other hotels where they go ultra clever with the lighting system, they always make it a point to teach the guests how to use it. It was not till I was in bed that i realized i could turn off these lights that was lit dimly and I was done pushing all the buttons I could push.
Breakfast - my special diet mother asked for a 2-egg omelet with only 1 yolk in there. Girl told us - nope, they use the pre-mix. I looked at the basket of eggs in front of her and pointed out that she can use the eggs that are laid out in front of her. Breakfast day 2 - my mother asked for the same omelet. The young guy behind the counter, didn't say no, broke the eggs in a bowl, but dipped his hand in the bowl to fish out the other yolk - gasp! there were spoons all over his work station. Except for one bright -eyed, bushy-tailed waitress, the rest of the waiters looked like they just rolled in and were dragging their feet to work. the breakfast is more expensive that the Sheraton, Taipei but selection was not more impressive.
Club Lounge - deserted and sad looking. Do not pay extra to use. Food selection was extremely slim pickings. Place is small and didn't look like anybody used it. On the bright side, the girl that worked there was extremely friendly.
Door man - we stood there and told him we need a taxi. One pulled up, passenger paid, got down, taxi drove away. I looked at the door man and said - hello.... what's wrong with that taxi that he didn't let us take? Ooops - sorry he says. Hello......??
So in short, price performance on this place was not great. It was a very pricey stay and the only appeal is that it is still new and clean. Anyway, I checked out after 2 nights and moved to Sheraton which has better price performance.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Yew-Joo
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Ok so I have stayed in just about every top end hotel in Taipei, including the Regeant Formosa, grand Hyatt, Les Suites, San Want, Shangri La far eastern and recently the W. Le meridian is now my favorite hotel in Taipei. The rooms are definitely better than the W because they re bigger and nicer in that they are not trying so hard to be so cool. Unless you have tattoos a nose ring or always wear black stay at Le Meridian as the best hotel in Taipei. That is until the Mandarin Oriental opens later this year! I will stay there when it opens and let you know.

I love the design of Le meridian. Great location too. Walk to much shopping close by!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business