Review Highlights
The Best Way to Explore Taipei!

Was on a couple month tour of Japan and Taiwan and wanted to see Taipei in the 3 or 4 days I had. I... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Jordan C
September evening bike tour

Guide was knowledgeable and delivered the history of the sites in a clear and concise manner. Good... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
loomonford
Singapore, Singapore
via mobile

All reviews morning tour morning market local breakfast great morning great guide fun tour leisurely pace soy milk four hours breakfast included great fun local culture elephant mountain private tour quinn helmets sights
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Very easy bike trek around Taipei! Alec was very informative about the sights and history of Taipei and well as about local topics and everyday living. Easy meeting close to the metro too. Worth the time if you have a free afternoon!

Alecgates, Owner at Taipei Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you, we are glad you enjoyed the afternoon tour. It is a nice easy cycle and you get a good introduction to Taipei. Thank you for your advice, it was very helpful.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I had a free day in Taipei as part of a business trip and came across Taipei Bike tours while browsing online for things to do as I rode the metro into the city from the airport. I booked 5 hour evening bike and hiking tour. I ended up being the only person who signed up for the evening's tour so it was fantastic having a private tour with Alec. Alec was a wonderful tour guide and very knowledgeable about the areas we visited. He is an American expat living in Taipei now so there was absolutely no issues with communication as may occur with native tour guides.

The tour is done on the local grab-n-go rental bikes that are all over the city. Cycling around the city is fun and 95% of the riding is done on the large city sidewalk bike paths and very little on the street so it is very safe. The cycling portion is not very strenuous but be prepared to sweat as you hike up the steps of Elephant Mountain. I'm an athletic person and enjoyed the workout of the hike but had wished I wasn't in jeans for the trekking. I was very fortunate to be in the city for one of the rare days with clear skies and favorable weather. The view of the sunset over the city is worth every step it takes to reach the top. The evening ends in some of the night markets where Alec helped to recommend some delicious local foods and helps to order for you (be sure to bring some cash for this).

I would highly recommend Taipei Bike Tours to anyway wanting to see Taipei in a unique and fun way. The tour hits many spots I would've otherwise ignored during my short stay in the city. In addition, Alec also provided a followup email after the tour with recommendations for other things to see in the city and restaurant and bar suggestions based on your interests.

1  Thank Kevin K
Alecgates, Owner at Taipei Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

We are glad you enjoyed the tour Kevin and for choosing us to bike with. This feedback really made my day. Thank you for the 5 star rating. The weather was perfect for the bike and hike. We hope to see you again next time you are in Taipei.

Happy BIKING

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Took the morning tour with Taipei Bike Tours. They were very well organised in the setup (clear instructions and reminder emails), the tour itself, and follow-up by emailing a further list of interesting places to see.

Cheryl was an interesting & engaging guide, and gave us lots of cultural, historical and political information about the places we visited. She also ordered & explained the yummy breakfast.

The use of public share bikes was a new thing for me - & it was an interesting feature of the ride. We were on level paths & mostly on back streets or bike lanes, so the traffic wasn’t too intimidating.

This is the best way to move between a number of temples, markets, the riverside and the CKS Memorial Hall while getting a sense of the size & scope of Taipei.

Definitely worth it!

Alecgates, Owner at Taipei Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you so much. Thanks for the pointers on the new business cards. We have already ordered ours through Moo. We are glad you had a good time with us.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

A quick thank you note for Cheryl and Alec for their professional service and communication. They were such a pleasure to deal with and we highly recommend other people to use them.

As a city, Taipei is perfect for a bike tour. Wide roads with not much traffic and most importantly it's very flat!

Alecgates, Owner at Taipei Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you so much for the 5 star rating. Hope you and Alex had a fantastic time here.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I really enjoyed this tour. It's a great way to see some of the sites of the city at a pace that is much more enjoyable than riding around in a car or bus. The tour uses the city bike sharing bikes - they're not the fancy road bike I'm used to, but they were fine for a modest pace through the city - also had wide tires, good for city streets. The traffic was not super heavy, maybe because it was Sunday. And Alec has picked out routes through many quiet streets and alleys, to keep you off the main roads. A highlight was stopping for breakfast at a local breakfast place - not fancy, but very tasty and filling. I have enjoyed bike tours in a number of cities, and this is up with any of them.

Alecgates, Owner at Taipei Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you so much for the amazing review. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in taipei, even if you were here for work.