All reviews swimming pool stone and wood boutique hotel caffe concerto nice pool shops and restaurants modern amenities breakfast buffet is travel desk the main road lovely hotel nepal trip the ground floor welcome drink pleasant stay poon hill day trek
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Lovely hotel, easily up to western standards with friendly and very professional staff.
The rooms were spacious and the gardens were beautiful. Excellent location just off the main shopping street and close to the lake. Highly recommended.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Neelam T, Front Office Manager at Temple Tree Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Greetings from the Temple Tree Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking time out to review us on trip adviser and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I’m sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay with us.

Take care!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

we were about to start a trek so we used this hotel as the starting and finishing point.
It is very professionally run. Close to the big lake and good restaurants.
The rooms are delightful. Spacious, clean and well stocked. Nice views to the gardens.
wifi was free. There is a beautiful pool . form the courtyard there is a magnificent view of the mountains.
we tried the restaurant for dinner once. It was expensive and to food was just alright. I would suggest trying some of the local restaurants.
Breakfast was included and it was very good. They even offered Gluten free bread, something which the rest of Nepal doesn't understand the need for.
I would thoroughly recommend a stay at this hotel. It was the best we stayed at in Nepal.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings form the Temple Tree Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you were impressed with our establishment and the service! I will be sure to pass along your comments to our fantastic team. We are happy that you have noticed our gluten free breads!! If we know that our guest are gluten sensitive our chef can prepare verity of gluten free items as well.

Thank you for recommending our resort to other travelers!We look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort in the not too distant future!

Take Care and have a great Traveling!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

When I first arrived at Temple Tree, the exterior appeared very nice, but unassuming. However, upon entering the lobby and then exploring the grounds, this could have been a Caribbean resort. Temple Tree manages to maintain the Nepalese charm I grew to appreciate during the several days I had spent traveling around Nepal to that point, while offering several modern amenities. Upon arrival I was welcomed by the staff and then provided a welcome iced tea and a buffet lunch. There were a variety of offerings which included salads, vegetables, rice, chicken curry and baked fish, along with naan. A breakfast buffet was also included in my stay and also offered a nice variety of foods.

The outdoor area included a pool as a centerpiece as well as outdoor eating areas.

My room, #9 was very comfortable. The temperature was set at 20 degrees centigrade, but could be adjusted by remote control.

The bathroom was clean with modern faucet and shower fixtures. The bathroom also included complimentary shampoo, shower gel, body lotion and dental kits. Note that hot water is limited to certain hours which should more than accommodate most schedules. I had no problem enjoying a shower in the morning and one at night after a full day of exploring Pokhara.

Temple Tree Resort is conveniently located near the main street with lots of choices of restaurants and stores as well as ATMs. It is also a short walk to Fewa Lake and all of the water activities that it offers.

I very much enjoyed my stay at Temple Tree Resort during my time in Pokhara.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Neelam T, Front Office Manager at Temple Tree Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Greetings from the Temple Tree Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us along with our warm and caring service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort in the not too distant future.

Take care and have a great travelling!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We stayed for two nights, 3 days in November, and really liked it. The service was excellent, and the courtyard was lovely and relaxing. Early one afternoon we laid out by the pool for a couple hours. Our room was large, clean, with an updated bathroom. Breakfast was good. Hotel is very convenient to the Pokhara restaurants and bars. The only small issue we had was a rooster who started crowing at 6:00am. Not on the hotel property, but was somewhere near by.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Greetings from the Temple Tree Resort & Spa!

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review us. We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed our establishment and the services!

We look forward to welcome you back in near future!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

My partner and I had booked a stay at Temple Tree for two nights, and like many of the reviews here - the hotel is excellent, but the customer service (namely its travel desk) could definitely do with some improvement.

Checking in was fairly easy as it was not peak season when we visited. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, with a hammock right outside, which I spent the afternoons lazing on. The hotel may be located in town, but it offers a very relaxed atmosphere and green grounds, and is generally very quiet all day. The poolside and restaurant staff were super friendly, which made my stay very enjoyable.

Before we checked out, we decided to approach the travel desk for advice on our trek up Poon Hill - namely, for transportation there and for our trekking permits. Like many, we had done our research beforehand, and even had friends who have climbed the hill tell us that we were able to complete the entire trek in 2-3 days. However, the guy at the desk kept insisting that we HAD to hire a guide with them, despite us telling him many times that we only wanted to book a taxi and get our permits done. He told us that it was impossible to climb Poon Hill in 3 days without a guide (which we did, of course) and got very angry before saying: "You think your friends are very clever, why don't you just ask your friends?"

I was EXTREMELY offended and was ready to kick off, but my partner (being the kind and patient one) maintained composure and insisted we only needed transportation there and for our permits to be done. Long story short, we did not come to an understanding and ended up hailing a taxi by Lakeside.

This incident really put a damper on our otherwise very pleasant stay. In some way I wish I didn't approach the travel desk for assistance, as his brazen had comment upset me a lot. I would recommend staying here, but keep away from the hotel travel desk at all cost.

And yes, you can definitely trek up and down Poon Hill in 3 days without a guide.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisajariffin
Neelam T, Front Office Manager at Temple Tree Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the Temple Tree Resort and Spa!

Thank you for the review. We are very pleased to know that your stay with us was comfortable and you found our rooms, food, hotel locations and outlets to your liking! However regarding the Poon hill trekking permits which you have requested hotel travel desk staff to arrange it for you could not be arranged by the Hotel staff because when you go without guide for the trekking, to get the permit, trekker themself have to go to receive it.

To go to the permit office you have asked our travel desk staff to arrange the vehicle when he told you about the charges you were not so happy about it and wanted complimentary even though it was not included in your package. Later he arranged it in complimentary basis and told you to take 4 passport size photos and 2 passport photocopies for each trekker for the document but you took only two photos and you had to come back to get additional 2 Photos and at that time also you were not that happy.

It was never our intention to cause you any upset. We are certainly fully dedicated to ensure a joyful stays of all our guest. I hope, you will re-visit us again and we are able to convince you about our passion and care.