All reviewsmin walkan amazing viewvenuhosteldeepakhammockspropertyguestsfacilitiestaxirooftopparaglidingguidelakesidemountains
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our time in pokharas zostel.
The best and friendly place for staying. They were so kind and they did all the best for their guests. they provide all the things you need.
if you book zostel you chose the best.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Fatemeh A
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Locality - good. Location - far away from main city. People - good. Management - average. Maintenance - average. Hot water in cold season - unavailable. Food - costly. Wish to visit again - neverrrrr!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gunjan_Chellani
ZostelHostels, Manager at Zostel Pokhara, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Hey
we shall work on the maintenance and food issues and make it better for other guests.

Hope you will let us serve you again.
Sorry once again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I've stayed in zostels all over India and they're usually of a very good standard. This one has the best grounds of any I stayed in but two things let it down:

Location - 30 minute walk outside central Lakeside (where everything is) and without any local facilities. Hence, you'll need to eat here if you don't fancy a 10 minute walk for the nearest restaurant.

Food - dreadful portion sizes and many stomach complaints from many guests. Disinterested waiters. For a portion of chips you'll be lucky to get more than 20 of those medium sized oil heavy muck chips.

Anyway yeah could be great but isnt for those reasons.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank bigup_d

Hey
thanks for the review. first of all we are sorry for you had to face such issues. we have been appreciated by many guests regarding our location, but not anything can be good for everyone.

we shall work on the food issuesand make it better for other guests.
Hope you will let us serve you again.
Sorry once again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

we try mixed dorm and cottage, price for cottage was really high and they dont have hot water for the pricy cottage and they say : it is funny . we dont have gas !
no one in this place think about hospitality and thinks about helping you, it seems that there is no manager. quality of the foods also is below the average. I will never come back to this place

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Let me just start by saying that this hostel is in a beautiful location, a ten minute walk out of town. Nestled in a small village settlement surrounded by rice fields and water buffalo. The rooms are very nice, clean and spacious. The hostel grounds are beautiful, lots of great areas to chill out and enjoy food or a beer, great view from the rooftop. A beautifully kept garden and koi carp pond, bonfire area, bar with swings for seats, restaurant is pretty good also..... sounds amazing right?? Could be contender for hostel of the year???......the thing that Lets this place down, literally the only thing, is that is almost devoid of any atmosphere whatsoever! On arrival you are provided zero information about the area or Pokhara in general, you are literally taken to your room. Not even the most basic welcome was on offer. The staff consist of a small army of incoherent local teenagers, some of which are entirely unfriendly and seemed to loath the fact that they are at work. A few of the guys seemed nice but overall there was a serious lack of effort in all departments. I stayed here for a week and honestly it was the same story each day. It’s a real shame because the place itself is beautiful. It could be so awesome here with some kind of program or effort to create a backpacker atmosphere or even just a general moral lift for the staff. I would recommend this place overall to stay at. I did enjoy it but it just fell short for me. It could have been amazing but sadly it was an underwhelming experience despite having such high hopes for the place.... I’m sure if the manager cleared out some of the dead wood and the staff made more of an effort this hostel would be amazing! Please don’t be put off from staying here......It is good, but sadly not great........(I have also stayed at zostel kathmandu where the atmosphere was awesome and the staff were amazing) this is what I’m basing this review on as I feel it’s a fair comparison.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple