“Annapurna Base Camp- Great time and outstanding service!”

Discovery World Trekking
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery World Trekking is a Himalayan tour and adventure company focused on trekking and expedition services. We excel at providing the best services at the best rates! Customer care, satisfaction and happiness is our pride and joy. Our guiding principles allow us to provide the most enjoyable and rewarding experiences for our clients. We personally select all facilities, accommodations, and transportation services for our treks and tours and we choose from among the finest. As travelers always have a choice in their trekking adventures, we welcome you to join Discovery World Trekking as you follow your Himalayan dreams.
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Just got back from an incredible trip to Annapurna Base camp with Discovery World Trekking.

Everything was perfect since the very first contact. Paul, the company owner, is very attentive and replies immediately. In several occasions Paul and our lovely guide Soraz went above and beyond (for example one bag did not arrive and they collected it for us the day after from the airport and sent it immediately by plane to Pokhara where we were staying).
Soraz was an incredible guide: very patient, always attentive and flexible to cater our needs. When one person in our group started feeling the altitude he immediately got in contact with Paul and they were ready to call a helicopter if needed.
The porters were also very smily and kind.
100% recommended company!

"travel insurance"
"high pass"
"cancelled due"

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

A friend and I did a two-week Manaslu Trek with Discovery World Trekking starting in mid-March. I would not hesitate to recommend the company to other travelers/trekkers, and I would certainly go through them again for any treks requiring a guide. Paul (the owner) is extremely professional and safety-oriented, and he chose a guide (the AMAZING Sundeep) who was perfectly suited to us. Moreover, the trek pricing was transparent, reasonable, and a good value.

My friend and I walked into the DTW office in Thamel after searching for a highly-reviewed trekking company online. Paul helped us put our “dream trek” (Manaslu) together with less than 48 hours before we needed to start in order to have enough time for the trek. We had tried to do a lot trek research online, and we felt stressed about permits, transport, etc. I wish we’d just gone straight to DTW, as everything was so much more hassle-free after that.

And I really can’t say enough good things about our guide, Sundeep- competent, able to make us smile after a long day of walking, very informative about the area (and not afraid to admit if he didn’t know something), always watching out for us (hacking steps in ice or telling us to eat more garlic soup :) ). Also, I celebrated my birthday during the trek, and Sundeep carried a chocolate bar all the way from KTM for me! It was like gold out there :)

Thank you so much to Sundeep, Paul, and everyone else at DTW! I hope to return for more trekking, and I’d love to trek with Discovery World again!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend this trekking company who are Nepalese and headquartered in Kathmandu. Paul is very responsive on email in advance of the trek . Our guide Saroz was excellent, lovely and accommodating, so patient- he stuck with me many times when I was slow ! He helped me over quite a few streams and brooks ! English speaking ability could be a bit better but this is easily solved . The trek is challenging with some steep ascents of over 3,000 steps and days as long as 7-8 hours, so be sure to train beforehand!

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Our trek exceeded all expectations! The scenery, the accomodation, the food and most importantly the team of DWT were so amazing. They made everything so much easier and did everything they could to help us. We’re so glad that we didn’t decide to do the trek by ourselves because it was our first and it took all the stress away so we could focus on just walking. Our guide Karan made sure we were safe and comfortable at all times and he had to sometimes make hard decisions but did in the best way possible. Bom and Novim were our porters and personal entertainers. Couldn’t imagine doing the trek without them. They tought us some Nepali songs and dances while they were carrying our bags . Very impressive. We’ll definitely come back to Nepal and book our next trek with DWT hopefully with the same team. Thanks for everything guys!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just finished up the Annapurna Circuit and I have nothing but praise for Paul and his incredible team who lead the way!

This is my second visit and trek in Nepal, and I have been made to feel welcomed and most importantly safe as a solo female traveller. Paul was always prompt in answering my questions and his amazing team were there to pick me up from the airport when I arrived!

Karan was our fearless team leader, with Noveen and Bomb his incredible wing-men! Without them, I wouldn’t have been able to make it over the Thorong-La Pass! These 3 kept our small group entertained, safe and well informed throughout the whole trek. We had planned to go to Tilicho Lake, however due to incredibly dangerous weather, our leaders made the difficult decision to turn us around and out of harms way after. Whilst not ideal, after hearing other trekkers stories of their visit to the lake, I’m glad we had such knowledgeable guides who had our safety as their number one priority.

One of our three leaders was always by my side as I was the slowest of the group, and I was never once made to feel like I needed to rush. The guys always encouraged us to do our best and were always positive that we would get to the finish line.

I cannot praise Paul and his team enough! It has been yet another incredible visit to Nepal, and it’s been so great knowing I didn’t have to worry about anything, and that I could call on our team no matter what time of the day.

Make sure you indulge in the Dal Bhat (24hr power) when you travel with DWT! You’ll need the energy to keep up with the guys who never failed to keep us entertained with songs and jokes!
Bomb is the most hilarious pocket rocket, who is always up for the craziest of challenges. Noveen will sing away all of your worries (and will totally win Nepal Idol one day!!!) and Karan will always be by your side, sharing his amazing knowledge about the mountains and making the difficult decisions so you don’t have to, always with a smile on his face.

Thanks for a fabulous 2 weeks! I’m already looking forward to my next Nepali adventure!