“Annapurna circuit ”

Discovery World Trekking
More attraction details
Owner description: Discovery World Trekking is a Himalayan tour and adventure company focused on trekking and expedition services. We excel at providing the best services at the best rates! Customer care, satisfaction and happiness is our pride and joy. Our guiding principles allow us to provide the most enjoyable and rewarding experiences for our clients. We personally select all facilities, accommodations, and transportation services for our treks and tours and we choose from among the finest. As travelers always have a choice in their trekking adventures, we welcome you to join Discovery World Trekking as you follow your Himalayan dreams.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Review

We did a 14-day Annapurna-circuit trekking with guide and porters, organised by DWT and it was amazing!

We had our first contact with Paul, the owner. We were a bit worried about the level of the trekking (we never did a trekking before!), but Paul gave us all the info we needed and he he reasdured us. He came to pick us up at the airport, we had a good chat and he explained us day by day. We liked his way of working.

Our guide was Karan, he did his job perfect, gave us all the info we needed, helped us if we needed a bit motivation, or stayed with us when one of us was a bit slower. Top guide and guy!
Our porters were Noveen and Bomb, without them we would never been able to do this trekking. Doing a trekking is one thing, carrying your stuff is something else! They did a wonderful job!
Not only carrying our stuff, but they also were a great part of our group!
Noveen is going to be the next 'idols' in Nepal, that's for sure :)!
So a special thanks to those guys!
The trekking itself was amazing!
The guesthouses where we slept were good, comfy beds, good food!

As told; this was our first trekking, and we only regret that we've never did this before! If you can walk several houres a day, you can do this trekking.(with a porter!)

Thanks to Paul, Karan, Noveen and Bomb for this wonderful experience!!! Topteam!!

All reviews
"travel insurance"
"cancelled due"
"high pass"

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We contacted Paul at Discovery World because we wanted something specific to suit our needs and budget rather than just a standard package (which some of the other agencies just refused to be flexible on). He delivered exactly what we wanted, working with us over email to refine an itinerary to suit our travel dates and the pre/post trip accommodation and transfers we wanted to book ourselves. We were greeted by him at the airport and had a great briefing meeting in KTM where we also met our guide Karan who went to the trouble of getting us a map of our route. Both Karan and our porter, Manish, were absolute stars throughout the whole trek - always positive and happy to be flexible according to what we wanted to do; they also gave us real confidence on some occasionally challenging paths and conditions too.

For readers' benefits: our route was 8 days starting at Syauli Bazar and going up to Bayelli then across to Khopra and down to Paudar, Swanta and Ghorepani to get to Poon Hill and then back to Pokhara. The whole thing was frankly amazing, beautiful and just the right level of difficulty for us (our toughest collective experience being Ben Nevis in the UK) and it was great to be off the busiest trails for much of our trek. I would recommend the route to anyone who wants to do a bit more than the standard Poon Hill route and get a bit more isolation as the reward is massive. Our view of the Annapurnas and Dhaulagiri range from Khopra rivalled that from Poon Hill but was shared with just the handful of other people who had stayed in the lodge (vs the hundreds up at Poon Hill for sunrise).

The only improvement I could recommend to our route was on the way down from Khopra to perhaps miss out Paudar (not much to see, not the best accommodation) and go straight to Swanta (beautiful, some of our favourite accommodation) and do the whole thing in 7 days.

The communication, staff, experience and cost were all spot on for us and I thoroughly recommend Discovery World to anyone interested in trekking in Nepal.

1  Thank on_re
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I have just completed the 12 day Everest Basecamp Trek with Discovery World Treking – it was truly the trek of a lifetime!

Paul from DWT made the trip easy. He organised everything down to the minute which left us with peace of mind and we could just enjoy the trek. No need to worry about meals, permits, accommodation, transfers, airfares, luggage and other things when Paul is looking after you!

Our guide Dol was also awesome. No question was too big or small. He went above and beyond to make sure this was a trek that we will never forget. His knowledge on the local cultures and nature really added another layer to the trek and gave us insights that only the locals possess.

My wife and I were the only people on the trek which was great as we could walk our own pace. The scenery is breathtaking and the trekking was not too hard.

It was an awesome feeling reaching Everest Basecamp after 9 days of climbing. You feel like you are on top of the world. Our guide Dol even provided is with a cool Everest medal to remember our achievement.

On the final day all flights from Lukla to Kathamandu were cancelled due to bad weather. Our international flight was the next day. Paul worked around the clock to make sure that we were on the first flight out of Lukla the next day and even negotiated a helicopter backup plan through his local connections. Paul really do care about their clients! All of the reviews are true :)

It was also good to give my business to a local Nepali vendor who knows the ins and outs of the local industry.

Overall, the 12 day Everest trek was the best we have ever done. I highly recommend Discovery World Trekking!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went on the Everest High Pass Trek including a detour to Everest Basecamp this March 2018. The trek went great and the views are really perfect! I had a great time during my trek.

Paul from DWT had told me in advance that there were more people joining the trek, but in the end I found out that I would be trekking solo with a guide. In the end I didn't really mind as it would mean that I would be walking my own pace.

My guide Subraj made sure that everything went according to plan and that everything was safe during the trekking! Everything was arranged and if I needed something I only had to ask Subraj and he would make it happen. Thanks again for this amazing experience!

The three passes are amazing and the view at Gokyo Ri is one of the best there is. I would advice everyone to do more than just the EBC trek as the area around the main trek is really great to explore further. Furthermore the route that DWT takes (counter clockwise) is much better than the clockwise route so I would advice everybody to take the counterclockwise route instead of the (with other operators) more common clockwise route.

Thanks to Subarj and DWT for this amazing experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Recently returned from a 14-day excursion on the Manaslu Circuit with Discovery World Trekking. My friend and I were a last-minute walk-in to the office in Kathmandu and I only had a little more than two weeks before my return flight to Canada. Paul was great, listening to what we were most interested in doing and quickly providing us with a possible itinerary and quote for the time-frame we had available. Our visit was on a Saturday when government offices are closed (i.e. permits could not be obtained that day), but everything was ready to go by Monday morning. The afternoon before leaving we were requested to come to the office with our packs to go through our gear. I was really pleased by this - it helped eliminate a few unnecessary items and keep my pack lighter, but more importantly, it really demonstrated to me that safety is top-of-mind for this company as they made sure that the equipment we were bringing was adequate for the temperatures and wear that we'd be experiencing.

The trek itself was a fantastic experience! Such a stunning place, made all the better by our guide, Sundeep! He was a perfect fit for our group - professional, knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and a lot of fun!! His insights on the cultures and natural history of the area really enhanced the trip. And as someone who teaches environmental education, I also appreciated that he wasn't afraid to admit if he didn't know the answer to one of our questions (made me trust that when he shared information he knew what he was talking about!). I also might not have made it the last bit to the top of the pass without his help! Always felt like we were in good hands. Thanks for taking care of us and being a friend!

Overall, an amazing experience - thank you, Discovery World Trekking!

1  Thank amovingirl