Review Highlights
Great experience

We booked this trip fully expecting to join a group but arrived to just the two of us hiking the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
762travisw
via mobile
Superb Langtang Trek

I enjoyed a super trek to Langtang. Everything worked just a Paul had promised and arranged. Even... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Roderick S
via mobile

All reviews everest base camp his team local connections day trek backup plan guide milan making sure ruby valley wonderful sights lovely guide private tour manaslu circuit breathtaking scenery worked tirelessly travel insurance high pass cancelled due
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went on the Everest High Pass Trek including a detour to Everest Basecamp this March 2018. The trek went great and the views are really perfect! I had a great time during my trek.

Paul from DWT had told me in advance that there were more people joining the trek, but in the end I found out that I would be trekking solo with a guide. In the end I didn't really mind as it would mean that I would be walking my own pace.

My guide Subraj made sure that everything went according to plan and that everything was safe during the trekking! Everything was arranged and if I needed something I only had to ask Subraj and he would make it happen. Thanks again for this amazing experience!

The three passes are amazing and the view at Gokyo Ri is one of the best there is. I would advice everyone to do more than just the EBC trek as the area around the main trek is really great to explore further. Furthermore the route that DWT takes (counter clockwise) is much better than the clockwise route so I would advice everybody to take the counterclockwise route instead of the (with other operators) more common clockwise route.

Thanks to Subarj and DWT for this amazing experience!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Recently returned from a 14-day excursion on the Manaslu Circuit with Discovery World Trekking. My friend and I were a last-minute walk-in to the office in Kathmandu and I only had a little more than two weeks before my return flight to Canada. Paul was great, listening to what we were most interested in doing and quickly providing us with a possible itinerary and quote for the time-frame we had available. Our visit was on a Saturday when government offices are closed (i.e. permits could not be obtained that day), but everything was ready to go by Monday morning. The afternoon before leaving we were requested to come to the office with our packs to go through our gear. I was really pleased by this - it helped eliminate a few unnecessary items and keep my pack lighter, but more importantly, it really demonstrated to me that safety is top-of-mind for this company as they made sure that the equipment we were bringing was adequate for the temperatures and wear that we'd be experiencing.

The trek itself was a fantastic experience! Such a stunning place, made all the better by our guide, Sundeep! He was a perfect fit for our group - professional, knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and a lot of fun!! His insights on the cultures and natural history of the area really enhanced the trip. And as someone who teaches environmental education, I also appreciated that he wasn't afraid to admit if he didn't know the answer to one of our questions (made me trust that when he shared information he knew what he was talking about!). I also might not have made it the last bit to the top of the pass without his help! Always felt like we were in good hands. Thanks for taking care of us and being a friend!

Overall, an amazing experience - thank you, Discovery World Trekking!

1  Thank amovingirl
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My sister and I recently ventured along the 8 day Langtang Valley trek. Paul and his team Simbir and BAM were super kind and very friendly. We immediately felt at ease from the moment we were picked up from the airport to the end of our trip. I am a fairly active person in general, although I did no thorough altitude training for the trip I made it to the peak with the help, patience and perseverance of Simbir, our guide.

I felt like I had a truly unique experience up there. All my queries about the different cultural regions, animals and habitats were answered in loads of detail, which made the experience very memorable. I truly felt like I came to Nepal as a guest and left as a friend (Tibet saying)
Namaste and thank you Discovery World Trekking!

Can’t wait until I come back with my family to do ABC Basecamp (Everest) and the Jungle Safari.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Im a female from Australia and just went trekking in Langtang Valley with my sister and the team. Discovery World Trekking is a brilliant company to trek with. From the beginning communication was a breeze, any questions i had were answered clearly and promptly by Paul. Upon arrival we met with his faboulous team. For me it was important to trek with an ethical company. What stands out is the porter baggage limit set by paul, which is well below what we commonly saw on the trek. Also staff were appropriately dressed for the conditions and very smartly. His guide Simbir and porter Bam were really lovely. They made our experience truely memorable, the care and effort they showed to their work and to us was so heartwarming. Simbir gave us trekking advice, he educated us about the region and was really open to teaching and answering any questions we had about everything Nepalese and Langtang related. Bam showed equal dedication, it was always a pleasure to see his smiley face and his efforts in teaching us the local language is immensely appriciated. In future when i return to Nepal, which is most definitely a yes. I will call on Discovery World Trekking.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Me and my mum just returned for 11 day Annapurna Base Camp trek with Discovery World Trekking. The trek was a little bit challenging, but nothing too hard. We had very good time on the trek and enjoyed our time in the mountains.
It was easy to communicate with the company before the trip and Paul answered all the questions we had. They picked us up from the airport as well, which was convenient.
Our guide Siddhantha was nice, but two things that would need improvement would be his english language skills and being a little bit more enthusiastic and motivating. Other than that, everything was good. Our porter Sures (I hope I have written the name correctly) was really positive, happy and helpful- he will be a good tour guide in the future in our opinion :)
Overall we are satisfied with our trekking experience!