“Mt. Everest Basecamp Trekking Tour 14 days”

Himalayan Glacier Trekking - Private Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 2,090.00*
and up
7-Night Everest Base Camp and Tibet Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A leading adventure & tour operator in the Himalayas since 1992 We are a team of knowledgeable, experienced, and environmentally-conscious professionals ready to provide our services in exotic locales throughout most of South Asia-Bhutan, India, Nepal and Tibet. Our hand-picked itineraries for treks, climbs, cultural and spiritual tours, private-day tours, safaris, etc. cover everything and anything you could possibly wish to do in this magical corner of the globe.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I trekked to Mt. Everest Basecamp and Kala Patthar in March 2018. As a female solo traveler, I was apprehensive at first but my guide Man, my porter Didi, and the office staff in Kathmandu made this a very well planned and executed experience. I always felt safe and well taken care of.
Every day was well planned through, and my guide ensured a good pace and got me nice rooms in the tea houses, ensured food was prepared safely, and also provided me with healthy snacks and lots of tea.
When trekking in Nepal it is important to go with a company that has YOU at their best interest and I definitely felt this was the case with Himalayan Glacier Trekking. The company takes acclimatization to the altitude and your overall health seriously. When I got ill (fever and head cold), my guide and the first aid kit provided all the basics until I was able to see a doctor.
My guide really rose to the challenge when I got sick. I really wanted to make it to Basecamp (5365m) and he helped me getting there (and back!), even carrying my backpack when I had no strength left. Kala Patthar (5545m) proved to be another challenge that we conquered.
This trek is not for the faint of heart. You should be physically fit, able to walk 15km a day, and know how to use trekking poles. Be prepared for uneven terrain, "Nepali flat" (steep ups and downs all day long), walking behind yaks and donkeys, and crossing suspension bridges.
As a solo female traveler, I would highly recommend this company. You can even request a female guide if you prefer that. I felt well-taken care of and always safe. Happy to provide more details in person. Just ask Himalayan Glacier Trekking to connect with Franzi. The customer service at Himalayan Glacier is exceptional. I was never pressured into booking and the office patiently answered all of my questions until I was ready to commit to this once-in-a-life adventure. Now I know more adventures will follow. The Himalayas are beautiful and stunning and deserve a visit!

All reviews
"support staff"
"pre trip"
"ama dablam"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend the company"
"sleeping bag"
"mera peak"
in 7 reviews
"fellow trekkers"

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Himalayan Glacier took care of everything for me to have a once in a lifetime experience. Giri, our experienced guide, became a coach, a doctor, a psychologist, and a friend. Trekking in the Himalayas sounds glorious, but without a great trekking company you put yourself at serious risk. We faced winter temperatures and a snow storm, that added to the already challenging journey, could have become a disaster. Giri constantly kept a clinical eye on our health, pace, food, our supplies and layers optimizing everyday all factors. I have firm in my memory the evening briefings when we reviewed the strategy for the following day. Trekking in remote areas comes with limited living conditions. As we were getting closer to Everest, the lodges became colder, without water and with limited supplies. Once you trekked in the area you appreciate the monumental effort the sherpas have to make in order to move supplies from downhill communities to altitudes of 18,000 feet. Himalayan Glacier selected the best lodges, inspected the kitchens and provided accurate advise on what to do and what not to do. When I return with my family to the Himalayas I will hire them back without hesitation.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I am not a trekker, nor the extreme or adventurous type of person. Certainly not the type that would look for trekking 10 days to EBC for your annual vacation. I can now say that this was a life-changing experience, where selecting Himalayan Glacier made the world of a difference. They were very responsive since we contact them for initial information, management always professional and patient with all our questions, and Dev Raj Giti, our experienced guide, became our trusted resource almost instantly. His ability to understand our needs, sensitivity to manage our fears, coaching to push us to our limit, and incredible attitude to service others now makes me feel that we calling him our brother was not an understatement. It was worth every single buck and time spent, as we learned both from the challenge to get to EBC and culturally from Kathmandu as we toured the main Heritage sites.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Wonderful organization from pickup in KTM .
ABC heli experience was great and we had been really treated as friends by Alex.
Having more time , we all wish to have the chance to come back to Nepal and go for some trekking there in Annapurna or to Everest base Camp...

Many thanks to Himalayan Glacier Trekking for having giving us the chance for such a great experience !!