See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I stayed here several days on arriving in country, and for a conference. One accompanying box did not arrive with me, staff diligently and persistently helped me contact the correct office to get it, gave good advice. Also flexible with my changing needs.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Location is just off Thamel and Amrit Marg - opp end to Kathmandu Guest House. Short walk to Garden of Dreams. Rooms are big with clean sheets. Try to get the ViewPoint room with its own attached balcony. Toilet is a bit old and water pressure is low because it is at the topmost level. Else the common balcony is also nice. Wifi is alright. Young Friendly Cleaners are there almost everyday and you can get them to clean your room. It is 50m to the Ship Restaurant, a highly rated place for food. The Al Madini Restaurant for halal food is good and 2 doors away. Opp is a liquor store if that is important. Convenient store is also just 3 doors away. Hello Kitty Restaurant is 2 doors away for western simple breakfast (eggs, potatoes, toast and coffee) at 299 rps.

Room tip: High floor cos somewhere nearby has dance club
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Dennis Q
Reviewed 11 March 2017

I have stayed at the Annapurna guesthouse on three separate trips to Nepal (2011, 2012 & 2016) I first visited as a solo traveller, then with a friend and then again with my girlfriend. Each time, I've booked in on arrival and returned again after trekking.

Manjit and his family have always been very friendly and welcoming and for such a busy city, it's a pretty laid back place.

They have always been attentive and helpful whenever we've needed help with finding things in Kathmandu, advice on trekking, buses etc. They may ask you to come to their tourist info/travel desk after check in to talk about trekking etc, but they've never been overbearing or pushy trying to sell packages or misleading about needing guides or not, having to get certain buses etc.

On my last stay there, I did overhear some people making a complaint just after checking in saying "it's not what we're used to" and I can only assume they were referring to the standards of the guesthouse. It is quite basic, but It's a cheap place in a poor country that has seen it's fair share of disasters and if you have realistic expectations you will be happy here.

I plan to return again this May.

Room tip: Stay on lower floors for better wifi access
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed 12 January 2017

Conveniently located between the Indian embassy (for visas) and the heart of Thamel (5 minute walk to each) Annapurna guesthouse is perfect for me... I have stayed here approximately 40 nights in a span of 5 years and have been treated great each time. Has been updated and has always been clean! Was here right after earthquake and building had ZERO damage. Great folks and A++ value!!!

Date of stay: January 2017
2  Thank STANJ152
Reviewed 6 January 2017

We stayed here on 27 Dec 2016 and 2 Jan 2017. It's a good guest house. Near to the shops and restaurants. Only a few minutes walk to bus station (Kanthipath). Mr. Manjit was very helpful and he also provide a currency service with a good rate.

Will come again.