“Everest Base Camp”

Himalayan Wonders Day Tours
Ranked #10 of 1,105 Tours in Kathmandu
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

No complaints, only praise for Himalayan Wonders! Everything was handled perfectly for us, we didn't have to worry about anything, even when we had to change flights they were very accommodating.
Very good communication via email before the trek to answer any questions we had.
Our guide Neel was helpful and took very good care of us. If we weren't feeling well he always made himself available to help with my day pack, or offer candies and chocolate for energy. Our porter Santos always made sure our bags were taken brought to the next place for us. I wouldn't have been able to carry all my stuff on my own!
The accommodations on the trail were better than expected, except for in Gorak Shep, but it was understandable with the location. The food at each place was also very good.
I would recommend Himalayan Wonders to anyone planning on trekking in Nepal, and if I return I would definitely use their services again.
Thank you for such a great trip!

All reviews
"great group"
"bucket list"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The trip was breathtakingly beautiful and the extra days to see Gokyo were well worth the walking. It was very well organised and we felt well looked after by the company.

Our guide, Pemba, was very knowledgeable and we learnt much about Nepal and its culture. We were also very impressed with our porters (Chundra, Pasang, Dowa and Samir) and our assistant guide, Mingma, was outstanding. Mingma was extremely patient guiding us up Kalapathar and Gokyo Ri at a pace that we could keep up with, whilst pointing out all the different mountains and passes as we went. He has our upmost respect and we could not have walked as far as we did without him. The whole team went above and beyond their roles to make us feel very welcome and were are very grateful for their hopitalitly.

Thank you Himalayan Wonders: we had a brilliant time and cannot wait to go back!

I would thoroughly recommend this 100%.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I finished the 14 Days Everest Base Camp trek with Himalayanwonders. Fantastic job by their staff from start to finish. Pablo, the founder, who also joined us for the first 4 days of the trek always replied to any questions before the trek. We were on the first flight to and from Lukla, and you can easily see at the airport that they have very good connections to make sure you are getting on first on the planes. Our guide Roshan was great, always taking care about our meals and filling up our water bottles, checking our O2 levels and telling us about all the mountains. All 4 of us in the group successfully reached Everest Base Camp and then got back to Kathmandu. The Address Hotel where we stayed before and after the trek was perfect, in the carfree zone of Thamel and with very good breakfast buffet. Also on the trek all the lodges surpassed expectations as they had clear rooms with good foods.

So, I definitely recommend them as smaller groups (max 10 people), food included in price, great lodges, guides and staff and of course the whole journey and views will make your trip unforgettable.

David

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I decided for a birthday milestone like 40 should be spent somewhere rather epic. Himalayan Wonders was a great decision as they handled everything for me (guide, porter, hotels, food, transportation from the airport in Kathmandu, flight to Lulka, medications for stomach bugs, you name it!). Besides being able to spend my birthday at Everest Base Camp, Himalayan Wonders managed to get a cake flown up to Gorek Shep for me on my actual birthday to make it as special as it could be. I was totally impressed with them, and their operation, and would use them again in an instant once they start doing other treks around the world!