All reviews exodus trip darbar marg check in was smooth minute walk to thamel thali good size modern amenities breakfast spread walkable distance hotel is situated the heart of the city trekking tour very nice hotel comfortable stay star hotel reception area location is great
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Checked in to the hotel a week ago, because problems, reasonable hotel no real complaints. However checked in one week later, given a smoking room when specifically requesting a non-smoking room. Ok it wasn’t bad and was willing to compromise. However before the bell boy left the room I noticed the AC was not working. He suggested I ring maintenance. I rang the ‘0’ line. Operator and suggested the AC was not working. She told me clearly that it had been turned off in the hotel as it is now “cold” season. I stayed that it had worked a week ago and so she said it had been turned off for the last 4 days. After stating that was unacceptable I hung up. Weirdly my AC (which the hotel had turned off 4 days ago) suddenly burst into life and began to cool the room. Now either she blatantly lied or a miracle occurred. I will let you decide

Stayed: November 2017
Tshering G, General Manager at Royal Singi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Namaste,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We are very regretful to hear of your experience and I definitely identify our opportunities of colleague training. I will be communicating this with the respective department head to ensure there is an immediate briefing/training on your experience details. Our AC is never switched off throughout the year unless there is scheduled maintenance works on-going which is of course temporary. We do calibrate the temperature settings on our thermostat during the winter months to allow for heating when necessary.

I am also investigating into why your request for a non-smoking room was not accommodated as we have over 80% of our rooms on such a category. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We do hope we are able to welcome you back so you can experience better service and see the concerns have been rectified and addressed.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Only 10 minute walk to Thamel and Garden of Dreams this hotel is well located.

Perfect if stopping for a few days before going treking elsewhere.

Great free wifi throughout the hotel.

Food is ok but there are many other options nearby.

Rooms are a good size and clean.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Tshering G, General Manager at Royal Singi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Namaste,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for staying with us at Royal Singi Hotel.

We are pleased to hear you found our rooms to be of good size and clean and that the location was of convenience to your needed access to nearby areas. We are also glad you enjoyed the complimentary wifi available throughout the hotel.

Thank you for your feedback on the food. With our newly opened restaurant that is currently serving breakfast daily, we will soon be launching our a la carte menu (lunch & dinner) that will be featuring more food variety options.

We hope to be able to welcome you back during your next visit to Kathmandu and experience the new additions to the food variety and selection.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I was on my business trip to Kathmandu. Find this hotel with reference of one my office colleague. It is Centrally located, Good Services, variety food to eat. Now I have stayed 5 times at this place and every time found it excellent stay experience.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Namaste Amit

Thank you for choosing Royal Singi Hotel as your preferred choice of accommodation in Kathmandu and more importantly for taking the time to share your experience here on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear you found our hotel to be centrally located and that there was a variety of food options offered. We are also pleased to know you enjoyed our services and that your stay was excellent.

We hope to be able to welcome you back during your next visit to Kathmandu. Please do not hesitate to contact our team who will assist you in making necessary arrangements.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

I went to attend a conference and this hotel was nearest to the venue. I had a comfortable stay, the staff was friendly. In lunch I had the veg. thali of Nepali authentic cuisine which was really good.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Tshering G, General Manager at Royal Singi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Namaste

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Royal Singi Hotel and more importantly for taking the time to share your review.

We are glad to know our team was friendly and that you had a comfortable stay with us. We are also most pleased to know you enjoyed the vegetarian Thali in a typical Nepali (local) authentic flavor and will be pleased to convey your compliments to the team.

Our location is central in the city and gives easy access amidst heavy traffic during the day. We hope to be able to welcome you back during your next visit to Kathmandu whether it be on conference, business or leisure.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Kathmandu is a busy, bustling city with many hotels. The Royal Singi stands out as a place where the staff genuinely care about their guests. Nothing is too much trouble at the front desk, which somehow manages to combine old world charm with modern efficiency.
The location of Singi is spectacular. It's right in the heart of the central District, packed with coffee shops, restaurants, quaint retail and outdoor sports shops. It's a short can ride from the airport.
The staff here had a car ready to greet me on arrival at the airport, which was a really nice touch.
My room was modernized with a great bathroom and a clean and comfortable bed.
I can't wait to come back next time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Tshering G, General Manager at Royal Singi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Namaste

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on your experience at Royal Singi Hotel and more importantly for choosing to stay with us.

We are pleased to hear that our team genuinely cared about your stay and that you enjoyed our central and convenient location. We are also glad to know you appreciate our airport transfer courtesy offered by the hotel and that you found our rooms to be modernized and our beds to be comfortable.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back during your next visit to Kathmandu. Should you need any assistance in making further arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact us.