US$ 157
Radisson
Karma Travellers Home(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$ 13
US$ 12
US$ 96
US$ 78
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 93/night.

US$ 165
US$ 117
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 153/night.

Trekkers' Home(Kathmandu)(Great Value!)
US$ 11
US$ 186
US$ 154
US$ 70
US$ 66
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 88/night.

Dwarika's Hotel(Kathmandu)
US$ 386
US$ 257
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 357/night.

Hotel Yak & Yeti(Kathmandu)
US$ 175
US$ 124
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 141/night.

US$ 27
US$ 26
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 31/night.

1,410 results
All reviewsan institutionan oasisnew wingdeluxe roombeautiful gardenthamel districtthe hustle and bustletravel deskmain buildingtourist areahot waterdurbar squarehearttrekbarberbudgetschaos
Reviewed 22 December 2010

Having traveled extensively in the region over many, many years, I prefer to stay here at KGH for lots of reasons.

Everything in the TZ (tourist zone) that Thamel is, gets measured on how close to KGH it might be.

It's old, it's funky, it's fun,
it has an attached restaurant (with excellent patio setting), there's a gate with a guard, and you can get anything you need within a short walking distance.

I beg of the critics to take a look around you before running KGH down.
You are in a third world country, the phone system is spotty, just like the electricity is.
Stuff happens- if you don't know how to bend and flow, you might as well not GO!

At times I've stayed in the best FIVE STAR hotels in Kathmandu, and enjoyed them (of course I would- who WOULDN'T? But, it's easily ten times the money in most cases.)
I might go review those another time.

It's never a dull moment hanging out there at KGH; either in the lobby, the patio out front or in the garden area in back.
You get to see the comings and goings of all kinds of people; the wannabe ascenders (either before they've gone, or on the way back), the journal keepers, the obnoxious louts from who-knows/who-cares-where, the perfectly coifed dilettantes in their fresh expedition outfits, bedraggled waifs living on a dollar a day who clutch their well thumbed "Lonely Planet" guides tightly, or the self centered whiners who can't wait to get home and write a scathing review on TripAdvisor about how their room got sold out from under them.

I've traveled half way 'round the World to get there.
I've brought 35 people with me.
I've had two bus loads of people and their gear arrive at the entry- and NEVER had a problem.
Oh sure, maybe a faucet doesn't work in a sink, or there's a bug on the window- but LOOK where you are! In the very EPICENTER of this fabled place called Kathmandu.

It is the journey after all, and the gracious staff (from bellhops, to Utam, to the money changer and overnight guard at the gate) want to do their best to make it memorable, enjoyable, and comfortable.

When I book a trip there- that's where I stay.
Simple as that.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank OldTiredBoots
Reviewed 16 December 2010

They were overbooked both times I checked in, so they tried to put me in what is effectively a $2 per night cell with a shared toilet. My room, when I got it, was dirty, and noisy, with noisy drunks in the corridor at all hours, and I had no idea pigeons could be so loud at 4am. The bathroom had permanently open window onto a shaft with toilets at the bottom so I was kept awake by the sounds of people vomiting and using the toilet. The left luggage facility is a disgrace.

I only stayed here as I was on a group trip that put us here, if you have a choice I would recommend alternative accomodation.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Capricorn16
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Lost booking. (Twice) Superior room booked but not available. Had to be downgraded to a standard room. Room covered in mould, pidgeon poo on ledges and windows, hard bed and then kept up all night with pidgeons cooing outside the window. Reception staff rude.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank AugustusBrisbane
Reviewed 29 November 2010

The Kathmandu Guest House is centrally located and a quiet place to stay. A quiet place in Kathmandu is hard to find. Their front desk staff is fair, we had a reservation that we confirmed the day before, but when we arrived they said they were full so they moved us to another guest house for the night. Overall the stay was average, the grounds are nice, but the rooms are just average.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2010

For the money, its a great deal, great location and 1 would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business