“Five Star Hotel at Mid Range Prices”

Hotel Tibet International
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Kathmandu
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at hotel Tibet International for our honeymoon back in February 2012 and we absolutely loved it!! On arrival we were very impressed the lobby was spacious, clean and inviting. The staff on reception were very welcoming and professional and the manager Santosh came to greet us which was a nice touch.

As they are a new hotel they say they will upgrade customers on arrival if they have availability, we were delighted to hear we were being upgraded from a standard room to a suite. When we reached the room the manager Santosh had decorated it himself for our honeymoon with flowers and two swans made out of white towels on the bed. As we had just experienced a very stressful exit from India and were very tired, this was very much appreciated!

We were impressed with the upgrade too, the room are amazing so spacious and clean with nice wooden floors and tasteful decor. The bed was really comfy and you could not hear the hectic sounds the city at all. It was all brand new and very well appointed; you could tell a lot of thought had gone into designing the rooms. Just little things like the towel rails in the bathroom are in just the right place for ease and comfort and the extractor fan is optional so you can use the bathroom without the noise from the fan.

There is plenty of wardrobe space with dressing gowns to use, a seating area in which to watch English channels on TV, Tea and coffee making facilities and the room was cleaned on a daily basis with fresh towels and bottled water supplied. We initially booked for 3 nights but we loved this hotel so much we decided to stay another 3 nights we just felt so comfortable here.

In hotel restaurant we had a wonderful dining experience the staff are very highly trained and give a five star service, with lovely smiley faces! I think we experienced some of the best food in Nepal here. The momo’s are an absolute must!! They are superb! I have never tasted such a tasty, delicious snack! The Singapore noodles were also a favourite of ours. I think we worked our way through the whole menu during our stay. The breakfasts are also superb and all our needs were catered for.

The manager Santosh made sure we were looked after during our stay, he really did go he extra mile and made us feel very welcome .He is a very interesting chap too. He helped us with shopping tips and any info we needed during our stay, he also let us use the internet in his office to check our emails.

The location of the hotel is spot on, just across the road from the Boudha Stupa this is a fascinating place to hang out and people watch… You can join in with the monks and do a few circular laps of the temple (we did each night) and it’s also an excellent place for shopping for local handicrafts. There are also several restaurants our favourite was Flames café they did very good piazza and cakes and there was a nice chilled out atmosphere.

We got a taxi to the famous Thamel area where most people stay when they come to Kathmandu but we found the area to be very uninspiring and far too busy and dirty. We could not even find anywhere decent to eat. It’s just a back packer haunt and if that’s what you are looking for great but we thought it was hell and made a sharp exit back to the Boudha area near the hotel. Even thought the streets are busy and full of life here there is a great sense of calm because of all the Buddhist people in this area.

One thing I will say is every trip to tourist’s sites around Kathmandu takes longer than you think because of the volume of traffic so factor that in to your itineraries when planning, we thought we would get a lot more done in a day.

So to sum up, this hotel is like a 5 star hotel at mid range prices. You really could not fault this hotel the attention to detail, the cleanliness or all areas of the hotel. The welcoming staff, the fabulous food and the over all comfort of the place is sensational!! We would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

When we sadly had to leave the hotel, two managers came out to say goodbye and they draped white blessing scarf’s around our necks before we departed again this was just another nice touch on there part.

During our trip we found the Nepalese people to be some of the warmest, kindest, friendliest and generous people we have encountered on our travels. We will never forget our trip to Nepal and hope to make it back some day and if we do, will definitely stay at the hotel Tibet International. Thank you Santosh and his wonderful team for such a fabulous experience in your hotel :))

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Candolim78
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I stayed one nite in this hotel and also had my dinner and breakfast there. The staff were really affable and the room I stayed in was great. The hotel had helped me to transfer from another place n I am really thankful for this wonderful service. With regards to room condition, the room I stayed in was very comfortable, cosy n clean. It was away from all the noise from the main road. The only minor flaw was toothpaste/toothbrush and bedroom slippers were not provided in the room. Also, wi fi was chargeable in the hotel when I could get it free elsewhere. However, I would still recommend this hotel because the room condition is good, it is a stone's throw away from the Boudanath Stupa, the hotel restaurant serves reasonably priced food and breakfast on the hotel rooftop was a great experience. The staff I met were professional enough n very polite n friendly. I did not have enough time to try the spa and beauty services which I really wanted to. I will try it the next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The hotel is truly world class .the room are huge and spacious clean and neat.service I top class.outstanding.as there are negatives to everything this hotel location can be considered as a negative.it is very close to boudha stupa but far from every thing else.thamel is a more happening location.breakfast was avg and no where close to 5star hotels in India . Still I was impress by the hotel so much that I ignore all these.close to the airport.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank swap_g12
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Tibet International Boudha, Kathmandu, Nepal for several days and really enjoyed its peaceful settings beneath the mountain. The hotel was quite clean, comfortable and has all modern amenities. The staff were very courteous, warm, caring, willing to help with a smile on their faces and speaking english. I felt a bit of spiritual uplifting from the Spa and the Boudhanath Stupa just minutes away. It is located on the main road just minutes from the airport. If you're looking for peace, homeliness and family this is the place and don't forget to try the Nepalese dinner at restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ChandaR723
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I spent 2 wonderful days at the Tibet International Hotel in Boudhanath. The staff were friendly and polite without being overbearing. The rooms were very nicely appointed with aircon (which worked during the heat). It has a wonderful location - very close to the Stupa and on the main road which I couldn't hear from my room. The beds were very comfortable and the linen, pristine. However it was the attention to detail which made my stay. From the cleanliness of the room and bathroom through to the small touches, like handmade soap made it a 5 star experience.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back side are quieter.