All reviewsjane goodalljimmy carterroyal palacepleasant hotelthe security guarddays staykathmandu guest housebustling citysmall gardenquiet locationtucked awaybusy kathmandusmall hotelrooms are cleanmin walkgood sizeroom service
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Small is beautiful. Maya Manor is one such property. It's a heritage property, refurbished with the modern day needs. Courteous staff to take care of all the needs. All round excellent service.

One particular mention is the security guard at the main gate - they never fail to give you a crisp salute - every time a guest passes by.

Of course, being a small property, it doesn't boast of worldly pleasures like a gym, sauna etc.

Wifi needs a serious overhaul - slow and unstable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
RManagerMM, Front Office Manager at Maya Manor Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Mr. Raghunathan,

Namaste and warm greetings from Maya Manor Boutique Hotel.

Thank you for your compliments and recommending us here on TripAdvisor to other travelers. We are happy to know you had a great stay at Maya Manor Boutique Hotel and we made your stay a memorable one. Please be informed that we don't have GYM at the hotel premises but being a part of KGH Group of Hotels & Resorts; we have free shuttle service to our in-house guests to Park Village Resort for use of GYM and Swimming Pool for free. Also, we do have Sauna facility at the hotel which is on chargeable basis.

Regarding your feedbacks about slow and unstable wifi; we apologize for inconvenience caused to you. The reason behind problem in wifi was that we were facing some technical problems from internet supplier on the days when you stayed with us. We are really very sorry for the wifi issues/

We hope that your next stay is just around the corner. Please do let us know if you are travelling to Nepal in near future.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

When my husband I arrived in bustling Kathmandu, it was with relief that we had such a lovely haven as our retreat. Our room was exceptionally confortable and it was convenient to eat in the restaurant. The staff was exceptional! We appreciated all aspects of Maya Manor and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
RManagerMM, Front Office Manager at Maya Manor Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Maya Manor Team.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Stay at the hotel on my business trip to Kathmandu on the end of Feb 2018

Overall quality is great. Staffs and property are also great. Location is in walking distance to city center like Durbarmarg and Thamel.

The room is also great.

Heartily recommend

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
RManagerMM, Guest Relations Manager at Maya Manor Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Mr. Gunabhibal,

Thank you for taking time to share your kind review of your stay with us at Maya Manor Boutique Hotel and to have titled as "4-Star hotel with 5-Star Value".

Thank you very much for recommending us. To know that you felt comfortable and well taken care during your stay with us is a matter of great joy for us. We are very much looking forward to greeting you again at Maya Manor Boutique Hotel in near future.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

The hotel is to be reached via a small alley just off Hattisar Road. Once you walk through the gates, it is as if you enter another world. Every small thing is absolutely spotless, there's soothing background music and you can just tell that they do have an eye for detail.

The hotel offers a free pick-up service from the airport, which was very much appreciated after a few long and sleepless flights. And once you're ready to walk out, you can even change money (any major currency) at the reception at a very acceptable rate (I've seen money changers on the street advertise lower rates, so it certainly wasn't bad!).

It is located at a good 10 minute walk from the busy and popular Thamel area, but this is a very small price to pay for the peace and quiet you get in return. If you don't fancy walking, I'm sure the helpful staff will gladly call you a taxi.

It has 6 floors (all reachable by elevator) plus a top floor which houses the executive suites. There's a few terraces (2nd and 3rd floor), which offer ample seating, and there's even a very nice garden on the ground floor with a patio and more seating options to enjoy a book or sip on a cup of tea.

The rooms are, again, absolutely spotless, and offer all the comfort you would expect. The shower is exceptionally nice, a welcome amenity after spending hours wandering through the city.

As my trip consisted of both a business and leisure part, I decided to spend my first business-related week at a nicer place, which needed to be close to the venue of the conference I would be attending (and not so much the city center), so I picked this one. However, it was so nice being there, I decided to extend my stay for a bit instead of moving to another place, and at the end of my trip even spent the last two nights there as well.

I've been to many hotels, of many different price ranges. I can tell you this one is one of my favourites and can easily compete for quality with the (supposedly) top-notch Yak & Yeti or Annapurna hotels nearby (I've needed to be in both during my trip).

If I would have to mention one tiny bit that could be improved, it would be the breakfast options, though from what I've seen at other places, the ones they provide seem to be the norm. I'm not much of a breakfast person anyway, so it didn't really bother me.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
RManagerMM, Front Office Manager at Maya Manor Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Mr. Demarat,

Thank you very much for your sincere and marvelous review.

On behalf of the entire Maya Manor Boutique Hotel Family, we would like to thank you very much for taking time to share your kind opinion of your stay with us. It was such a pleasure to read that you had a great service experience with us. Our priority is to always make our guest’s stay smooth and relaxing in a convivial ambiance, this is indeed the essence of our hotel. Be assured that your warm review has been relayed to our team who is always thrilled to hear thoughtful feedback from our guests.

It was our pleasure to have you at Maya Manor Boutique Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you at Maya Manor Boutique Hotel in near future!

Maya Manor Family

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The rooms are of good size and have nice amenities. I was in the corner room and we had lots of natural lights. Breakfast was good and had lots of varieties. The staff at the reception and restaurant were courteous and friendly. The guard at the front entrance was always greeting with typical salute.

Room Tip: Hardwood Floor.
Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RManagerMM, Front Office Manager at Maya Manor Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Mr. Ashraf,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are delighted to know that the hotel, its ambiance and the room was to your liking. We feel very happy to have received such motivating comments from our guest. We are glad that you experienced our associates to be courteous and friendly. Again, thank you for choosing Maya Manor Boutique Hotel and for your kind feedback. We look forward to welcome you back in Kathmandu and to our hotel.