“First Bhutan food we tried”

Bhutan Orchid Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 112 Restaurants in Thimphu
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 23 December 2016

This was the first restaurant our guide took us too. We were worried on how the local food is going to be as we were really hungry. But we simply enjoyed the food. It was like a home-cooked meal. My husband who is not used to Asian food really loved it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Actually this is my first meal in Bhutan. My tour guide (lovely lady- Kin) has ordered everything before we go. I like the dried fish so much and very tasty. The famous dish in Bhutan is green chilli with cheese. It is spicy for me but still gave a try and it's not bad at all. The food there is similar to Chinese dishes which I don't have any problem to taste it at all. Kinda of loving it. Majority of restaurant are located in the top roof. I like every dish on the table that day, In fact, Bhutanese food are all good but I've found it is a bit greasy somehow. This is out of my expectation. Anyway, still taste good and I love them all.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Good spread of bhutanese dishes. The food is authentic and tasty too. Thumbs for that!!!! But location of the restaurant is shady and can do better. The walk up the stair case is not easy and appetizing at all. In fact its appalling and dirty.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Near the town centre and at the top of a building. The walk up the stairs was a trial as the lift was not working and each floor seemed to get shabbier and shabbier. However, the restaurant itself was welcoming and had good views over part of the city - especially the floodlit sports ground. The food overall was probably the best we had in Bhutan and consisted of many of the Bhutanese dishes we had eaten before and were to east after. However, they were better presented and tastier, although again the chilli in some was overdone for our English and Vietnamese taste.

1  Thank Mel B
Reviewed 14 January 2016

i went there with my family ,we had lovely food and its so nice place ,thank you for restaurant boss and waiter ,t