Open today: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm

Book in advance
from
$1,230.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Bhutan Acorn Tours & Travel
from $1,230.00
More Info
from $4,645.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 February 2020

Dema and Kencho met me at Paro airport coming in from India and I was immediately put at ease with their friendliness and Kencho's careful driving through the mountainous roads in a very comfortable, warm and solid SUV car.

Unfortunately I became very ill the next day (something I had eaten in India)and everyone, Dema, Kencho, Karma, Lhendup and the hotel staff were so caring and attentive and offered to take me to hospital. Luckily I was a lot better after a good sleep and some hydration salts they gave me. I felt comforted that I was in good hands being on my own in a foreign country.

The rest of the trip was amazing and I didn't feel that I had missed anything seeing monastaries, dzongs, a museum, shopping, lunch at a farmhouse, attempting archery and the beautiful scenary. The weather was beautiful and sunny during the day and the hotel rooms were warm and comfy at night. They made sure I was going at a pace I was happy with not feeling 100%.

I feel that I made some beautiful friends in Bhutan and I would love to return for a festival and do the Tiger Nest hike.

I definitely would recommend Acorn Tours who genuinely go above and beyond from the visa and flight bookings to caring for you as a person.

Thank you Dema, Kencho, Karma and Lhendup.

Lorraine from Australia

Date of experience: January 2020
2  Thank Climber507916
KSPhuntsho, Owner at Bhutan Acorn Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2020

Dear Lorraine,

Kuzu Zangpo la! Thank you for a gift of 5 Star rating. Dema and Kencho are thrilled to hear about your review. It was quite unfortunate that you weren't feeling so well on your very first night in Bhutan. It is our moral duty to take care of our guests right from the time they step out of the arrival hall up until they step into the departure hall. I am glad that you felt comfortable with Dema and Kencho. We look forward to your next visit.

Until then we wish you good luck from the Kingdom of Bhutan!

Karma & Team Bhutan Acorn Tours & Travel

Reviewed 18 December 2019

incredible sights, very knowledgeable, competent, and charming tour guide, expert and careful driver, well-appointed accommodations, perfect itinerary! i have nothing more to wish for, I have achieved the top item on my bucket list. Lhamo and Kencho helped make it a reality.

Bhutan is a beautiful place but my itinerary favorites are the easy hike across Probjikha Valley and (of course) the not-so-easy hike to Paro Taktsang. Bhutan Acorn Tours and Travel made my dreams come true!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank purebrigade
KSPhuntsho, Owner at Bhutan Acorn Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2019

Kadrinchey for giving us 5-star rating. As a boutique tour operator we depend on recommendations and word of mouth from our past clients. Thank you once again for your gift of 5-star rating. We hope someday you will come back and visit Bhutan again!

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Karma & Team Bhutan Acorn Tours

Reviewed 4 December 2019

We started in Paro, flying in from Kathmandu. We did not realize that you ought to sit on the correct side of the plane to see the Himalayas, a little hiccup we corrected on the way out. We started out in Paro with a substitute guide and driver, but they were both excellent. However, had quite a bit of trouble getting our atm cards to work while shopping in Paro, we should have brought more cash and converted it at the airport.

The next day we flew to Bumthang Valley and met up the Llendrup, our guide the new driver. We quickly found out that our guide knew everyone and was constantly on his cellphone updating our arrangements and we think some work for his other clients. At the Jakar Tsechu Festival we found that the activities were there for the locals and they were kind enough to share them with us. This was true for all of our trip, we did not see any "staged" performances just for the tourist trade. Again the guide surpassed our expectations by getting us comfortable seats overlooking the event, VIP seating for sure, with the head monk (the guides uncle), the governor and head judge of the area making room for us. They fed us lunch, butter tea and coffee as well.

Over the next few days we drove over bumpy roads and visited more monasteries and museums and of course shopping for local handicrafts. Ask you guide to help identify the local from the imported stuff, but after a few shop you will see the difference. We did get to the main post office in Thimpu? which was excellent if you love stamps.

We shifted the trip a bit to try and include things of nature, and this was probably the one big disappointment of the trip, we had hoped to see local birds and animals but had limited success. I think a guide who is focused on nature and knows where to find local species would be needed to make this happen.

We did get tired of the buffet breakfast and dinner routine and decided to buy meals ala carte.

We did try the hot stone bath and I would take a hard pass on that, the water was not refreshed between customers and I felt quite ill afterwards, the tubs are not large enough for a 6' 2" 240lb man. We did have a nice local meal after and a bit of impromptu karaoke when one of the guide fired up his guitar.

My thoughts: 2 temples and 2-3 museums are enough, it gets repetitive after that. More nature would have been great, easy hikes with wildlife were in short supply.

The guide could not have been better and the driver was careful and all the mountain roads. I would go back in a minute and use Acorn again.

But never through Kathmandu again, the clean air and scenery of Bhutan is sorely missing.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank tomm623
Reviewed 30 November 2019

I really enjoyed my time at Bhutan Jangsem Dema is awesome she really looked after me and I felt very welcoming and comfortable.

Highly recommend this trip to everyone!

Date of experience: November 2019
KSPhuntsho, Owner at Bhutan Acorn Tours & Travel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2019

Thank you for leaving us a wonderful review. Reviews are gifts from our customers which we really appreciate. I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Kadrinchey and best regards from Bhutan!

Reviewed 27 November 2019

The trip was fabulous, dream come true! The country is very beautiful and breath-taking and it was very well organized. The guide was very helpful and knowledgeable about the culture and history with captivating stories. We were lucky that the weather was good. The Bhutanese people are very friendly and chatty all around. I recommend Bhutan as your next travel destination! Thank you, Bhutan Acorn, for making our trip unforgettable!

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank IngridEO33

Hi Ingrid EO,

Many thanks for your review! Great reviews from our customers gives us a sense of satisfaction and a reason to aim higher and offer even better services. We hope you will visit us again in future.

Best regards from Bhutan!