Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2017

During our 11-tour of Bhutan, this was our least favorite hotel. It had a lot to do with the fact that we were given a room directly on the street side, where you heard traffic all night long and dog barking. Despite using ear plugs, my wife and I did not get a good night's sleeping during our three-day stay. I asked twice for a different room, but was told that ll the rooms were occupied due to the festival which was going on in Thimpu. Next time, I will insist to speak to the manager or demand a different hotel.
The food in the restaurant is vegetarian and of of average quality, selection in freshness. Except for the front desk, we found the staff to provide good service. I would personally not use this hotel and again and cannot recommend it.

Room tip: Demand a room in the back of the hotel if you want to sleep.
3  Thank germanfan
Reviewed 7 October 2017

We had a total of 3 nights at the hotel as part of a packaged tour of Bhutan. The hotel is well located on a major road. Shops are just down the road within easy walking distance.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms are large and clean with very comfortable beds. All air conditioned. We had room 2L and then 2A, Room 2L at the back right of the hotel was very large, quiet except for the local dogs and some sort of large machinery next door that starts up at 5:30am in the morning. Room 2A is smaller but a good size and is situated in the front left of the building overlooking the street. It does not really make much difference which room you choose as the views from anywhere in the hotel are of the street or next building.

We had different rooms on the first (Rool 2L) and last stay over (room 2A) with similar issues with the bathroom. Bathroom facilities good but we had problems with the hot water being way way too hot to the point of scalding if not careful. Also we had problems where there was hot water flowing from both hot and cold taps. Just be careful. Overall impression is still good.

Breakfast is included and consists of various dishes, including breakfast cereal, porridge and an assortment of savoury. No bacon etc because this place serves only vegetarian. You can still order eggs any way you wish and you need to ask for toast as it is made to order.

We had dinner at the restaurant as part of the tour. Its always a buffet style vegetarian affair, tasty but some foreigners might find it a bit spicy. If you ask they will make less spicy dishes for you at no extra.

Overall I can recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a good clean hotel in Thimphu. Can't comment on price/value as it was part of a package tour.

Room tip: 2L is large. 2A is quiet.
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We reserved the Tara suite for our two-day stay. The suite offered two separate bedrooms joined by a common room, perfect for our party of three.

The decor, the amenities, the restaurant (vegetarian) all excellent. The staff is highly attentive, to the point of anticipating our wishes. Spa, gym, laundry service, and a bar for after dinner celebrations. A nice respite for the world traveler.

Recommended.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

An excellent hotel with spacious rooms and extraordinary service. An additional comforter was waiting for me at the room, even before I could complete the elevator ride from the reception to my room. Food quality so so.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

My my it was amazing! The place, the people, the service everything was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip to Bhutan. Mr Prem was an amazing manager and made sure to take care of our needs wherever possible. The staff was mind blowing and they took care of us. The view was great. The food was amazing. Overall it was a fantastic experience!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
TARAPHENEYLINGHOTEL, General Manager at Tara Phendeyling Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

"Greetings from Tara Phendeyling Hotel"

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review. It means a lot for Tara Phendeyling team. I will surely convey your motivating feedback to my team here. We wish you all the best of luck and looking forward to see you in future.

Thanking you