US$ 288
US$ 147
US$ 256
US$ 184
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 220/night.

US$ 253
Orbitz.com
US$ 138
US$ 124
Priceline
All reviewsfriendly place to staylaundry servicebarnstaceysafaricerealexpatslodgegeneratorminibuszambiabackpackerspowerinternet
Reviewed 10 February 2017

I used to stay at the Bongwe "Barn," when the lodge was located there; this was my first time staying at the "Big Bush." Bongwe still has the same friendly atmosphere and staff that I knew in 2013/14, but this is a better location. Minibuses are now 1-minute away instead of 10; the bar space is nicer; electricity and internet are now reliable.

The only downside I see with the new location is the number of rooms; whereas there always seemed to be one available on Ngwezi Road, I have found it's necessary to book ahead here. Actually, I would have stayed here earlier with more availability.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2016

The room was fine - very clean. The pool was great and well tended. The bar was a great place to meet people. Stacey was very helpful at every stage and she and her boyfriend and brother kindly invited us all to a BBQ one evening. Good experience all round and far better than staying in a faceless large hotel but also more comfortable than a backpackers type place. Thanks again. Riyad.

Room Tip: Ensuite room is really nice if you don't like sharing.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank riyadtibi
Reviewed 10 October 2016

I was seconded to Zambia for a 2 year period, at first I was renting a house and after regular visits to Bongwe, I decided to become a resident, for all the right reasons.
Daily laundry, friendly people, flexible housekeeping, etc.
My 16 month stay at Bongwe, will be one I cherish for the rest of my life.
I have met great people, made good trustworthy business contacts and had fun doing it.
Although they offer overnight facilities, I would recommend an extended stay, this place is the heartbeat of Lusaka's friendship circle, whether business or leisure, single or family, you and yours will always feel welcome.
I arrived alone in a foreign country, and left as a friend.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank rudolfvisagie
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I stayed at Bongwe for a month while I was between apartments in Lusaka. My stay was very comfortable and everything I needed was there. I had an en-suite room with air conditioning. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the linen was changed, my laundry was done and ironed. My room was also cleaned. They even supplied me with a writing desk when I asked for one!
The bar and pool area is a wonderful place to relax after a long day with chilled tunes, friendly customers and helpful staff. The food is also excellent, and the beers are cold!

Room Tip: Friday nights can be busy and loud at the bar as there is often live music, the rest of the time it is very chilled out.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank EtienneXplore
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Myself and three fellow travellers stayed at bongwe for a few days, passing through from Tanzania to Vic falls. All the staff were super friendly and helpful with onward connections. The place itself was meticulously maintained at all times with an interesting mix of local members sharing the thatched bar area with residents like us. A relaxing pool area amongst mature palms provides somewhere quiet to read and plan your next move. With a supermarket next door, this is the perfect place for self- drivers to stock up before heading back out into the bush. All this in a secure compound close to the city centre, I strongly advise you to try this oasis of welcoming calm and friendliness.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends