US$ 200
US$ 147
US$ 256
US$ 184
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 212/night.

US$ 238
US$ 158
US$ 114
Lilayi Lodge(Lusaka)
US$ 340
All reviewsfriendly place to staysafaricerealexpatszambiabackpackers
Reviewed 10 October 2016

I was seconded to Zambia for a 2 year period, at first I was renting a house and after regular visits to Bongwe, I decided to become a resident, for all the right reasons.
Daily laundry, friendly people, flexible housekeeping, etc.
My 16 month stay at Bongwe, will be one I cherish for the rest of my life.
I have met great people, made good trustworthy business contacts and had fun doing it.
Although they offer overnight facilities, I would recommend an extended stay, this place is the heartbeat of Lusaka's friendship circle, whether business or leisure, single or family, you and yours will always feel welcome.
I arrived alone in a foreign country, and left as a friend.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank rudolfvisagie
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I stayed at Bongwe for a month while I was between apartments in Lusaka. My stay was very comfortable and everything I needed was there. I had an en-suite room with air conditioning. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the linen was changed, my laundry was done and ironed. My room was also cleaned. They even supplied me with a writing desk when I asked for one!
The bar and pool area is a wonderful place to relax after a long day with chilled tunes, friendly customers and helpful staff. The food is also excellent, and the beers are cold!

Room Tip: Friday nights can be busy and loud at the bar as there is often live music, the rest of the time it is very chilled out.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank EtienneXplore
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Myself and three fellow travellers stayed at bongwe for a few days, passing through from Tanzania to Vic falls. All the staff were super friendly and helpful with onward connections. The place itself was meticulously maintained at all times with an interesting mix of local members sharing the thatched bar area with residents like us. A relaxing pool area amongst mature palms provides somewhere quiet to read and plan your next move. With a supermarket next door, this is the perfect place for self- drivers to stock up before heading back out into the bush. All this in a secure compound close to the city centre, I strongly advise you to try this oasis of welcoming calm and friendliness.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2016

We stayed here for one night before going on safari with Bongwe. We arrived on a Sunday and no-one seemed to expect us. Our room was allocated but we were given no real briefing as to when we would meet our guide or anyone in charge. Room basic and clean agree with previous comments about mattress. No mozzy net but thousands of mozzies and windows unscreened and not closing fully. Aircon not working. Toilet seat. Loads of hot water. Pool. Self-catering kitchen with food provided for breakfast. On our way back from safari we were allowed to use a huge room to shower and change. This was fantastic but again aircon didn't work and no mozzy nets. Very friendly team made us most welcome but don't expect all mod cons.
Our safari was fantastic once we arrived but the journey was trying. Five hours in a vehicle with no aircon and with jerrycans emitting petrol fumes inside is not really on in this day and age. Our vehicle's alternator had probably gone so the driver could never turn the engine off because of fear of not getting is started again. So it was running emitting diesel fumes for 30 mins while we loaded up and constantly at every stop. Surely this should be fixed. The game drive vehicle was also poor misfiring and leading to roadside repairs on two of our four days to get it running again: risky in a game park although our guide was very competent and fixed it both times.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Bongwe is well situated as it has numerous amenities close by. It is a great place to go out especially on a Friday night as there is quite often live music form a wide variety of bands showcasing Zambia's talent. The staff are very helpful, friendly and well informed about the various attractions in and around Lusaka. The atmosphere is very laid back and I was made to feel very welcome .

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo