“Great digs and shindigs”
Review of Bongwe's Big Bush

Bongwe's Big Bush
Ranked #6 of 128 Speciality Lodging in Lusaka
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Had a grand time at Bongwe; the rooms were above what I was expecting for the price point and the crew there are welcoming and genuine. Had a few late nights at the bar, which cracks on to pretty late and is packed with funny characters and good humour. The food at the bar's fair delicious, or at least the Bongwe burger was! Heartily recommend Bongwe if you're looking for an eventful time in Lusaka.

Room Tip: Away from the bar will get you more ZZZ.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very good location, very good quick replies to e amils.

Rooms clean, spotless in fact. Spacious too. Close to small shopping centre and to lots of restaurants too.

Pub is really pleasant. On one of the nights we were there the neighbouring pub next door had a long and raucous party that went on for a bit but that happens anywhere. Food simple pub type but good.

Will definitely use again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I've stayed at Bongwe many times as I pass thru Lusaka, and I'll stay many more times as well.
The staff are very genuine and friendly, the crowd very welcoming and although fridaynights Can be loud..... That's what Friday nights are for.
Rooms are roomy and comfortable, cooking facilities great, bar menu good if cooking is not your forte, and they even can even do your washing if need be.
Can't recommend highly enough.
Thanks Bongwe

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Malume
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was flying out from Lusaka and had time to kill during the afternoon. I was planning on spending the night here but unfortunately they were fully booked so I stayed somewhere else and spent the afternoon at the swimming pool at Bongwe.

Loved it! Everyone was very friendly, they organized my taxi to the airport, I could use the shower to freshen up before my flight, I had an awesome hamburger and so on.

Next time I'm in Lusaka I'll definitely book in time so I can make sure I can stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was lucky enough to stay at Bongwe while working on my graduate thesis, and it could not have been a better experience. My room was clean and welcoming and the staff were very accommodating of my research needs, including access to the internet and spreading out my work over the common room tables. In fact, the staff were quite helpful in every aspect of my stay. The owners are very friendly and personable. Bongwe is the place to stay to meet other travelers, and not be lonely when traveling alone. The bar out back is welcoming and easy to lose a few hours in. They even helped me go out in style for my last night there. The noise can keep you up on Wednesdays or Friday's but it's easy to remedy- just join in! I would recommend Bongwe to any traveler looking for a well-priced room and fun trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo