All reviewsrooms are spacious and cleanconvenient locationpublic areasreception deskinternet connectionshakira
Reviewed 24 August 2017

All the staff, from the general manager to the relations officer and the very nice people at reception and security where so friendly and always trying to assist and help in anyway they could. Only negative thing to say was the wifi, but it is a general problem in Kampala. I can strongly recommend this hotel. It is the best place to be in Kampala.

Room Tip: The top floor is recommended
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Harrison N, General Manager at Hotel Africana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you very much Frank for your review.
We value your review as it will enable us to meet guests expectations.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I visited the hotel as I attended the hotel Expo since they hosted the event. I was disappointed When I asked the receptionist for help (Wi-Fi password) inorder for MI to connect with my uber driver but to my surprise William refused till the other colleague helped.Its soo annoying because I got so stranged since I was new in town I had no internet since I was having a foreign number.
The place is amazing but granting clients small help should be mandatory,thank you.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Harrison N, General Manager at Hotel Africana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Thank you for your comment.
WIFI is not free in the Hotel

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Well organised hotel geared towards hosting events. Many rooms / halls of different capacity are available for meetings from small to large. Food at the restaurants is good and staff very friendly. Internet is free, and connectivity varies depending on the location within the premises from slow to medium.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Harrison N, General Manager at Hotel Africana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

An excellent hotel with excellent service, starting off these people take security very serious, thoroughly check the cars and individuals before entering the hotel. rooms are clean and the room service is one of the best I've experienced so far, and I have a lot of experience with hotels in different parts of the world, fresh towels, things organised and room properly cleaned, all staff is super friendly and professional, laundry is done even on short notice. And in the evenings you sometimes get a lovely live band playing by the restaurant.
All in all I loved Kampala and this hotel just added to the whole experience, I would love to come here again and recommend anybody who's looking to book here.
The only negative things I can say about this place is that it's a little dated hotel, but the kind of servicer you get makes up for it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

we really appreciate you honest feedback

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Good value for money, perfect location and very nice staff. The best swimming pool in Kampala for swimming exercise. Well equipped gym. Delicious breakfast. and nice garden and good restaurants

Remember to turn on the air conditioning for the moskitos and that you can turn of the light while the air condition is running.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Harrison N, General Manager at Hotel Africana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thank you very much.
We take your advice positively