All reviews other hotels fred bath corridor tv facilities internet usd
Reviewed 25 November 2016

This was such a disappointment! I had booked the property as advertised with the pool, fitness center and good wifi on booking.com and when the driver picked me up he took me to their sister property Shangri-la Nyoni Gardens which had none of those things. They had me pay right at check in which I shouldn't have done and because the names were similar (shangri-la gardens) I didn't notice until I started asking where is the pool etc? After a lot of complaining they told me the other hotel that I actually booked was full but they could drive me the 10-15 minutes over if I arranged in advance to use the pool/fitness center, really not ideal as I had limited time on my trip. They would not give me a refund despite asking right after I paid and realized they had switched me. Absolutely hate this kind of thing, would never book again! Also their wifi did not work well, totally useless for a business trip, and the balcony on the room had padlocks which no one could find the keys for so I was trapped inside.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
shangri2013, Guest Relations Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Uganda Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

We apologise for the poor arrangement, and not informing about the changes, failure to access the balcony, poor wifi was sorted and up graded and added another 2mbps.

we do promise to improve and such incidences not to happen again,

Fred

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Perfect hotel in a moderate price range. Good location in the city center. Excellent and abundant breakfast set in a pleasant quiet garden. We had a very good dinner at the restaurant. Staff is very nice.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I had a confirmed reservation for an air conditioned room with other facilities doe through Booking.com. However, when I arrived at the Hotel I was shown a shanty room at the backyard without any air conditioning with just a table fan. When I showed them my reservation, I was told that AC rooms are all booked.

Upon my escalation to Booking.com, Hotel told them that I never showed up! There are much better resort like hotel like Silver Springs.

Also, while waiting at the reception, I spoke to a guest who was checking out about security in the area. He mentioned, that area is unsafe and one should walk through the lawns of next door Sheraton hotel rather walking on the road.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Visited the hotel with my business partners and we had a great time. The place is nice and well organized and we would hold another business meeting there in November. The service was good and we stayed longer

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
shangri2013, Guest Relations Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Uganda Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

thanks so much for the tip, our aim is our guest's satisfaction,

thanks again
fred

Reviewed 21 April 2016

located is a serene secure location, Shangri-La Hotel Kampala offers great relaxation ideal for business travelers, couples or holiday makers. The rooms are clean and has a nice view of Kampala. The staff are very welcoming.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends