All reviews other hotels fred bath corridor tv facilities internet usd
Reviewed 9 November 2016

Perfect hotel in a moderate price range. Good location in the city center. Excellent and abundant breakfast set in a pleasant quiet garden. We had a very good dinner at the restaurant. Staff is very nice.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I had a confirmed reservation for an air conditioned room with other facilities doe through Booking.com. However, when I arrived at the Hotel I was shown a shanty room at the backyard without any air conditioning with just a table fan. When I showed them my reservation, I was told that AC rooms are all booked.

Upon my escalation to Booking.com, Hotel told them that I never showed up! There are much better resort like hotel like Silver Springs.

Also, while waiting at the reception, I spoke to a guest who was checking out about security in the area. He mentioned, that area is unsafe and one should walk through the lawns of next door Sheraton hotel rather walking on the road.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Visited the hotel with my business partners and we had a great time. The place is nice and well organized and we would hold another business meeting there in November. The service was good and we stayed longer

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
shangri2013, Guest Relations Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Uganda Ltd., responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

thanks so much for the tip, our aim is our guest's satisfaction,

thanks again
fred

Reviewed 21 April 2016

located is a serene secure location, Shangri-La Hotel Kampala offers great relaxation ideal for business travelers, couples or holiday makers. The rooms are clean and has a nice view of Kampala. The staff are very welcoming.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2015

This was our second visit to the Shangri La Hotel. It is small, clean and comfortable, with good bed nets, and a bath with shower in the bathroom. Breakfast is in the garden (put on insect repellant). The hotel is in a gated compound so is safe and good for leaving a car over night. We swam in the large pool of the Kampala Club, watched World Cup rugby on the TV at the open air bar there, and then ate in the Shanghai Restaurant within the compound (the Nile Perch done to the chef's special recipe is particularly good). There is an excellent free laundry service, dirty clothes put in a basket before 9.00 a.m. are returned clean in the evening. We were delighted to meet Mr Fred, the Manager, again after our last stay 5 years ago. I recommend this as good value, and a central place to stay in Kampala.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family