Sunrise Hotel
Agoda.com
US$ 123
Royal Suites(Kampala)
US$ 171
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2016

First time trip to Uganda and we decided to book a hotel to rest after the long flight from Australia. The hotel arranged our pick up which went well. Other than the 3 flights of stairs to reception the hotel was clean and the staff attentive. The biggest let down was the breakfast that was included. It is hard to describe other than with the photos attached. We asked for some condiments to have with the bread and was sternly told No. The same answer when we asked for some fruit. They really need tpo learn what a Continental breakfast is. Very, very poor.

Room Tip: Don't bother with breakfast.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Refmanwpba
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Though it does not look like much from the outside, this is a very nice hotel. I enjoyed it a lot and I liked the food at the restaurant. Though they could offer more varied breakfast.
Clean rooms and a very helpful staff.
Would definitely recommend this place if you want to stay somewhere nice and not pay too much.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

I went on the back of the other 2 good reviews. It didn't match up to that. Firstly the staff are untrained and unhelpful, desite one being smiley I got the impression from how I was checked in out that they didn't know what they were doing. This was not a quiet hotel. It's right above and surrounded by a busy road,where the noise penetrates your room. That said it was a sat night that o stayed so perhaps it's better on week nights. The restaurant is nothing short of poor, at the entrance - more of a latched on quick eat. The best bit was stumbling into the whatsapp bar directly under the reception as the staff her were smart and friendly, but it wasn't the hotel bar as I'd thought. The other twin bed in my room wasn't even made and sheets didn't look prestine and I got several bites through the night that weren't mosquitoes. They put blue lighting in my room which I can only assume was to make the room look whiter/cleaner.it wasnt that clean with no towel or soap in the bathroom. I was charged 70000 but could see from the receipt book everyone else had paid 60000 (I'm British). Do not recommend.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed 1 October 2016

In the heart of Kampala and a short distance to the trade center, Travel bus parks. Taxi and parking available. Guide services also available on request. I found Sunrise hotel idle for both both business travelers and tourists.

Stayed: September 2016