“Boutique hotel with unique style”

The Djoloff Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Dakar
Reviewed 15 February 2017

The Djoloff is a good base from which to explore Dakar. It is an excellent location near the ocean with amazing views from the roof-top terrace. My room was on the inside corridor and did not have an exterior window, which made it a bit darker than I would have liked during the daytime. Otherwise, the room was decorated in a trendy but tasteful manner. The hotel is clean and the staff is welcoming. Good restaurant as well. While not the cheapest place, it is a very good value overall.

Room Tip: Even though there are nice views of the city from the hotel, note that not all rooms have a view.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank RTZCAT

Reviewed 17 January 2017

This is a wonderful place with a gorgeous view of the city and the ocean from the rooftop breakfast room. It's near the medina, and is both simple and stylish. It's a perfect introduction to Dakar and Senegal, with "terranga" very much in evidence. But most of all it feels very much a part of the country. While most of the big western hotels (Raddison Blu, Sheraton Etc) feel like a homogenized international experience and are set off by gates and feel entirely apart, this place feels a very much integrated into Dakar and Senegal. I'd strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Pros: Nice simple rooms, friendly service, great location (1 street from la corniche, 45 minute walk from independence place), great ambiance on the terrace (restaurant), great value for money comparing to other hotels in Dakar. Wifi available everywhere, however (could be my phone) reception was definitely better on main floor, I couldn't get any in my room on 1st floor so switched to a room on lobby floor.

Cons: When booking online breakfast is not included, it is 6500FCFA but definitely not worth that price(mainly carbs and not so good coffee), it is best to find a restaurant and get the breakfast you want. Restaurant prices are definitely too high compared to the market, I had one lunch and one dinner in 5 days as I found more value for money in other restaurants over town. The air conditioners are too noisy in room and the noise in the corridors/street goes right into the room, I couldn't sleep my first night, fortunately it is a fairly quiet neighborhood.

Room Tip: I didn't like room 8, dark and low wifi reception, room 1 was better.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2017

This stylish hotel has recently been expanded: ochre walls in traditional style, an exterior balcony with bougainvillea, an interior courtyard. All done with taste. The high point is the roof-top terrace, where breakfast is quite decent, and on can watch the sun rise over Dakar, enjoying a cool breeze. it's early January, and the golden globe appears at 7:40 a.m. The restaurant is good: one evening we had tapas (eggplant with goat cheese; shrimp in tarragon sauce) with a "salade compose" that was very well done.

The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. However, they don't ventilate very well, and so one is obliged to use the A/C. Some are a bit dark; and the desks are too small (at least for my wife and I, here on a working visit): on the other hand we were able to work at the large tables on the terrace, some of which are shaded from the fierce sun.

Like most hotels in Dakar, the Djoloff is a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Our first room gave onto the street, and was a bit noisy for me. The ones looking onto the inner cou...
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Djoloff Hotel. I stayed there for 3 nights in October 2016, and I highly recommend it. I've traveled extensively in Africa and when you hear 'boutique hotel', it could go either way and in the case of the Djoloff, it was accurate and a total hit.

The hotel is clean, quiet and safe with security 24/7. The bathroom (very important for my rating) was very clean and the room was air-conditioned. The staff are courteous and my minimal interactions with them were great. There is a lovely roof-top bar/restaurant for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is a continental buffet. I only wished that the bar/restaurant was open a little later in the evening than 22:00 (10pm). By the time you're back from dinner elsewhere and looking for a nightcap, chances are, it will be closed. But the flip side is that, it avoid noisy nights with 'lit' patrons.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and I would certainly consider it for my next travel. I booked my trip through Expedia since I did not find their online reservation system.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo