Review Highlights
Genocide resistance museum at the Parilment building

Reviewed 8 January 2018
Bill W
Hudson, Wisconsin
Best place on the of the hill

Reviewed 14 March 2017
Erk Z
Kigali, Rwanda

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Kigali
from US$ 339.00
More Info
All reviews war resistance liberation museum history
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Being a law abiding citizen of my country, i must admit my love for the law, the reason is that the law tends to protect me from every would be violations against my rights from any one. But such laws always have a place of origin, and such place is always The Parliament. As my friend took me through Kigali City, we also had a chance to visit the Rwandan Parliament and to my view, this place is the center point to the current stable Rwanda, given that this is where the all laws that have made Rwanda the peaceful country it is today in the region are made from.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

The museum in the parliament building holds some additional aspects of the genocide and is a compliment to the Memorial. It shows the military and political side of struggle. Very well done and our tour guide was excellent.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

This place just opened up and tells a complete story (with a live guided tour) of the resistance and background to the Genocide that eventually ended up with the liberation of Kigali in July 1994. Heroic stories.

1  Thank niceguysf99
Reviewed 8 January 2018

On the Parliament Building grounds there is now a new museum which just opened this past July 2017. On our final day in Rwanda and after accomplished a couple treks up north it was suggested we visit the "resistance" museum at the parliament. I would say it gave us a final view of that horrible time period. The brave and determined forces who helped end the 100 days of genocide are highlighted at this presentation of charts, graphics, and pictures. The visit can be accomplished in about an hour and a half, and is a guided tour which includes a visit to the roof where a gun still is in place that was used to defend the building. Not as emotional as the primary Genocide Museum, but certainly helps round out your understanding.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

I don't remember how many time I walked around the Kigali's Parliament. Whenever remembering sad memories during genocide time. But I hope that today there are more security guarantees.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

This is the parliament nothing special. The building is of basic architecture. You can see just stopping at the entrance.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

The parliament is not open to the publics so I cant say much about it, though I notice from far some bullets holes onto the wall.

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Did not get in but passed by it like twice and was told that's the parliament building so can't say Mach

Reviewed 31 July 2016

The environment is okay. The building has a few bullet holes, i was told it won't be renovated reason being "they want to preserve their past" it's like a historic site i would say. I attended one of the parliamentary session, the language which they use in parliament is Kinyarwanda. The members of parliament were friendly.

Reviewed 26 January 2016

Okay, a bit of history... There are bullet holes in the side of the Parliament. The government chose to leave them as a testimony of what happened in the 1994 genocide. It is a reminder of what was and how far the Rwandans have come.

1  Thank Jill H