Open today: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Book in advance
from
$594.88
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Tours Maputo
from $594.88
from $275.00
from $245.00
More Info
All reviews ponta do ouro day tour blake tailored kruger safari driver
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2019

If you are reading this you are probably already convinced that Kruger is a special place and that traveling there from Mozambique is possible. Tours Maputo makes the process very smooth. I was visiting Maputo for business and was able to extend my trip for 2 days in order to go to Kruger. Going for 2 days increased the chance of seeing the Big 5 and we were rewarded by seeing rhinos at the very end of that second day. You probably already know this, but I needed to be reminded that even in Kruger, the animals do what they want to do, they don't show up just because we planned our trip We went through long stretches of seeing hardly anything and then the last hour was packed with elephants, giraffes, antelope of all kinds, and those elusive rhinos. Blake picked us up from our hotel and drove us through the border crossing - which went smoothly and it was helpful to have his guidance. We met our guide/driver at the gate to Kruger and we were off. It wasn't until I went to Kruger that I realized the lodges, the gates, the tours, etc are all optimized around people who make it their primary destination - because it is an amazing place. But for those of us trying to squeeze it in to something else, the help that Tours Maputo offers with the driving, the lodging, setting up the guide and navigating the border really helps. It's worth it.

Date of experience: November 2019
2  Thank Dan G
ToursMaputo, Manager at Tours Maputo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2019

Many thanks for taking the time to review Dan, and it's interesting that you have touched on something very topical for us right now. The biggest compliment we have received in our work came from a client who was actually extorting us (she demanded money to not give us a bad review - you can see her review below regarding eSwatini, a tour she didn't even go on with us). Her compliment that she actually said disparagingly was that we "don't do anything". The fact that things run smoothly in a challenging cross-border environment is testament to our homework, planning, attention to detail and risk management and mitigation. What struck me about your review is that you recongised this. Kanimambo!

Reviewed 11 November 2019

Excellent trip to squeeze a 1 day visit to Kruger Park well organized and the park is more than we were expecting, didn´t have much time definetly going for a longer period next time.

Date of experience: October 2019

Thank-you Marc, the park really doesn't ever let anyone down, glad you enjoyed it!

Reviewed 7 November 2019 via mobile

Loved how the whole trip was organized with us being a family of 3 small kids in mind! We had the journey of a lifetime and my kids are still talking about all they saw which is not easy when a lot of the time is spent in a car! So a big thank you to the team that made this dream come true and in such a wonderful and unforgettable manner!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Patricia N
Reviewed 7 November 2019 via mobile

The trip was brilliantly organised and my guide was very knowledgeable. Despite only being one day, I felt like we squeezed in a lot and saw a good amount of the country!

1  Thank mikerZ9456MD
ToursMaputo, Guest Relations Manager at Tours Maputo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2019

Hi Mike, I'm glad you had an enjoyable experience. Eswatini is a small country but full of unique character! I hope it rates up there with the other many countries you've visited!
Tunelga

Reviewed 7 November 2019 via mobile

This 2 day safari trip was sensational. We were looking for something that would suit our needs in that time frame and this turned out great. My wife and I, and my 9 year old daughter were well looked after by the friendly and caring staff. We laughed a lot, and were just awe struck by the sites. So worth it. Highly recommended!!! A very big tick in the box.

Date of experience: August 2019