“My favourite restaurant in resort”
Review of Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin
Ranked #35 of 1,138 Restaurants in Mauritius
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Relaxed and jovial very attentive staff and great french rose

Trilogy of Tuna is a must and the deserts are incredible

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

After golf We decided to have lunch Near The sea at The Paradis hotel
The Blue Marlin restaurant is The idéal place
Professional service
Nice dishes With delicious deserts like crèmes brûlées ....
And Affordable (free lunch for The club formula of Dinatobin hotel)
Everything is fine here We Will come back !

Reviewed 2 July 2016

It lies on a covered terrace of the Hotel Paradis, in front of which there is a little harbour with its boats and barges and a beach. It’s possible therefore to enjoy a nice view while having a good meal in that restaurant.
The food is said to be very good there. It consists mainly of fish and seafood. Nevertheless I was not very lucky in this regard inasmuch as the day I had dinner there, June 9th, 2016, there was a buffet, so the food on that particular day didn’t differ much from that which could be had at L’Harmonie restaurant in Dinarobin Hotel.
The staff members are kind to some extent but a real lack of professionalism can be laid on some of them. As an example of such a lack it can be pointed out that when I asked for a particular wine, instead of pouring it before me at the table, the waiter took the glass away and came back with it already filled up. A greater lack of professionalism can hardly be conceived. Of course I couldn’t know what he had put into that glass.
There is a guy thumping on a piano at dinner time. That makes of course the moment spent in that place be less pleasant that it could be otherwise if there were the same calm as in the rest of the hotel premises thus permitting a real relaxation. The said nuisance coupled with the fact that one of those dining at the table next to me kept yelling all the time upset my dinner and caused the souvenir I have of that moment not to be a very good one.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

We had great expectations for The Blue Marlin. They were soon shattered.

Mains, especially mine, were a disaster.
The prawns arrived cold.....so I had them removed to be replaced.
We did not come to eat separately. We came as a couple and so we wished to dine as a coupole. Seems reasonable? Not to the servers. They took only my dish back and not my partners. I had to instruct him to take back both so we could indeed dine together.

The prawns arrived back for the second time and now I begin to be annoyed. They were stone cold again. To serve a hot dish cold one time is not a major issue. It shouldn't happen as this is pure carelessness by the kitchen.
But to be served twice with a cold dish? Unacceptable.

The third time they came they were warm, not hot, and the tiny portion of veg and the scallop side were stone cold. This time is was also heavily salted....was this just an unfortunate accident by the kitchen? I would like to think so but I have my doubts. I called the server and the manager. But I will never give a fourth attempt at serving this dish correctly.
It is patently clear that the prawns alone were recooked and replated onto the old, first, dish. Totally unacceptable and not worthy of a one star take away, yet alone a hotel bearing this rating.

My partners fish was good but her potatoe side was stone cold as well.
No excuse whatsoever for any kitchen to serve cold food. Fast food places for 1 euro/dollar can get it right ...why can't you?

The server actually said to me that I was very calm and relaxed over this sorry mess as other patrons would have had a fit. I tend not to get too upset....I just deal with the issue.

My souffle was very tasty but why did they burn the really important top? (see photo)
I told my experience the manager who seemed a bit taken aback and did not offer much back.

They were very good when it came to the bill. They removed the cost of the burnt souffle.

Terrible for the three attempts, no real apology and for the cost.

3  Thank Harleyclarkey
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Great restaurant with great breakfast menu, also great fresh seafood. a wonderful place to sit and watch all the boats, as well as fishermen coming in with their great catches, service is a bit slow but when you are being lazy and enjoying the view this can be overlooked I am sure. great place to have sun downer cocktails.