“I do not recommend this restaurant”

L'Archipel des Saveurs
Ranked #281 of 1,087 Restaurants in Mauritius
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 29
Cuisines: French, Pizza, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 February 2018

I rarely (if ever) leave reviews for the restaurants I go to. But when a restaurant is that bad, it forces you to do something about it. And the best I can do is recount my experience.

I was at domaine les alizes 2 days ago with my partner and we had a nice massage at the SPA les 5 sens, which we bought on the website marideal.mu. This was a package that included an 80 minute massage and lunch at the archipel des saveur restaurant. The maasage was amazing. We were both very pleased with the service we got there. But then, we went for lunch at the restaurant, and there we were served Dorade fish on a bed of vegetables. The vegetables are nice. The dorade fish was uncooked and bad. We just couldn't eat it because of how raw it was as well as the smell. We told the server about it and he took our plates away without doing anything about it, just coming back and asking us if we wanted desert. As if he didn't care. Soon after we left the restaurant, my partner started feeling sick. She pucked in the car. And she only had a bite of her fish. I had at least half of mine and although I felt nauseous, I didn't feel as sick as her. Long story short, 2 days after, she's still feeling sick -- diarrhea, nausea, head aches, etc. We're going to the doctor today.

I don't recommend this place.

2  Thank bussingerjf

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Was not the first time we went there and was definitely not the last time....will visit again. Staff and management are simply great. Food is awesome....new menu is very good.

1  Thank patrickkoo
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We went there with a couple of friends for our Christmas dinner. We came here with lots of expectations based on the positive reviews from Trip advisor.

The food was decent but we had to wait for a very long time to get served. On top of that when the food came out, it was cold!

In terms of quality of service, we were also not impressed. We asked the waitress for some candles to ward off mosquitoes and flies. She said she will go and check but when we came back to us, she already forgot our request! Moreover, when we asked for the menu, she was reluctant to give us, stating that she only has a few copies!

Last but not least, when my friends wanted to pay using their "Passport" Promotional card to get rebates, the manager informed us that because there has been a change in management, the promotion (which was still advertised on their website) was no longer available. He explained that it was not the hotel's fault but that the company "Passport" should have updated it!

Overall poor experience which we do not recommend.

1  Thank Pinlioung
Reviewed 16 July 2016

It is recommended to go to this restaurant at lunch rather than at dinner, as it has lovely seating between fish pools and under canopied gazebos. At night it looks more like a disco with coloured red, purple, green lights and is not particularly tasteful. We did not eat at lunch so cannot comment on the quality of the lunch menu, however the dinner menu was extremely average and the prices quite high for the quality of food provided. The carpacio was amazing, but that was the only thing on the menu that was well worth the price. We would not go again as the food wasnot good enough to tempt us back.
The staff were friendly albeit a little slow.

1  Thank LLAK
Reviewed 3 July 2016

Went there with my fiancé for a spa session, followed by lunch. Had a lovely time. Felt really relaxed and the food was amazing. I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Nirvashi P
EvacoHolidays, stagiaire at L'Archipel des Saveurs, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Nirvashi,

Thank you very much for choosing our Spa 5 Sens and L'Archipel Des Saveurs and for sharing your experience with us.
It is a pleasure to read that you’ve enjoyed the food and the service delivered.
Feedbacks from our guests are very important to us so as to always improve our level of service.
Rest assured that we will share your comments to our team.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again!

Best regards